Missed Recordings on WBFF in Baltimore

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jsk, Oct 3, 2019.

1. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    I have been having problems with my 722K (with OTA module) missing OTA recordings for WBFF (Ch. 45.1) in Baltimore. Here are the symptoms:

• The day before, I set a series recording for new episodes of the program (in this case, it was the Masked Singer)
    • I check the guide and the Daily Schedule and it is set to record
    • After the program is over, I notice that it did not record
    • I check the Daily Schedule and the program isn't listed at all (even when I select "Show Skip")
    • I check the guide for next week's episode and it isn't set to record
    I also tried setting a Dish Pass:
    • I set the Dish Pass and select 45.1 as the channel and it recognizes it as WBFF
    • Nothing is set to record
    • I change it to record on all channels and it sees it on Ch. 5.1 (WTTG, Washington - I get this channel most of the time, but it can be unreliable), Ch. 24.1 (WUTB, Baltimore) and Ch. 43.1 (WPMT, York - I rarely get this channel at all). WUTB shares the same channel with WBFF and the guide for WUTB incorrectly comes up the same as WBFF's (I already knew about this issue). However, WTTG shares a channel with WDCA (Ch. 20.1) and the guide for WTTG incorrectly shows on WDCA and WDCA doesn't show up in the Dish pass. I'm thinking that the channel sharing issue is causing this. Maybe when the Dish Pass comes across a duplicate guide, it only sees the lowest channel number.
    In typing this out, I had an idea. I just deleted WUTB in the Local Channel settings and went back into the Dish Pass and the Dish Pass still is doing the same thing where it doesn't see the Masked Singer on WBFF. I'm recording other things right now, so I can't force a guide update, but I'll check tomorrow.

2. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    Deleting WUTB (which shares the same physical channel as WBFF) from my local channel settings worked. It’s no big deal because it is also on Ch. 45.2 (and that has the correct guide data).