Missing a setting... help?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Driver_1, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Driver_1

Driver_1 AllStar

May 22, 2009
    I can't navigate away from a program while recording it on my 625. Warning says I'll stop the record process if I do. Still fishing through the manual too.

I think I'm missing something simple here? I just set it up yesterday, swapping from my 311.

Ideas?

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    By default, each TV (TV1 and TV2) is assigned ONE of the two tuners on the 625. You can use that tuner to record, but you don't have a second tuner to watch something else live unless you "steal" the tuner from the TV2 (or vice versa).

If you run the 625 in Single Mode, you can run both tuners, but the TV2 output will be mirrored to the TV1 and won't have independent control.

3. Driver_1

Driver_1 AllStar

May 22, 2009
    Clear explanation. Thanks.

So then, since I AM in single mode, with output #2 not used, rather mirrored into output #1, and no independent control, it's doing as it is supposed to? And in order to navigate away from the program currently being recorded, I must change to dual mode?

I found in the manual directions for running 2 separate lines from the dual LNB all the way to the receiver, instead of what I now have - single line from the dish, into a separator at the receiver, into sat1 and sat 2 receiver inputs. CHECK SWITCH for both receiver inputs verified, DPP Twin w/ separator.

See anything wrong? I need only to change to dual mode?

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Your installation is fine, changing it won't affect how the receiver operates.

Are you sure you're in Single Mode? That is changed by pressing the Mode button on the front panel.

5. Driver_1

Driver_1 AllStar

May 22, 2009
    Yeah - it was single mode.

I called a dishtech rep, and he put me in dual mode, checked a setting, and found it 'greyed out'. Went back to single mode, checked the setting - option was NOT greyed out, exited, and we were able to navigate away from a program while recording.

I asked what we did to fix it, and he didn't know. ???