Missing NBC in Traverse City DMA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by nn8l, Feb 20, 2021.

1. nn8l

nn8l Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    Is anybody else missing NBC in the Traverse City/Cadillac DMA? Its been off here for 3 days and when I called DirecTV I was told it was a transmission problem and should be back in an hour or two. That was six hours ago. The CSR didn't sound real sure of himself.

Thanks Hal

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What do you mean by "missing"? Any on-screen message?

3. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    My local CBS station was out for 2 days but that was due to the ice and snow storms. It affected several providers and over the air signal. The vMVPDs and CBS All Access was not affected. However this did knock out my local PBS because they have a STA to channel share with the local CBS station while my local PBS station finishes construction on their new tower.

4. nn8l

nn8l Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    Sorry for the late response. This ended up in my spam folder on the server and just found it. I had a completely black screen. No error message or anything. When I contacted support I was told the station was in the final stage of repairing the problem and it would be back online in an hour or two. Well, finally listening to what I've told hundreds or thousands of people to do I rebooted. That fixed the problem. I'm not very happy that the tech gave me the bull&*^% line.