Missing recorded programs in play list

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sweep49, Nov 25, 2018.

1. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    I know this has been a reported problem and I tried to search for related threads. It started to become an issue for me the last few weeks. As it is now, about once a week I have to reset/restart my HR44 to have all programs appear in the playlist on the dvr.

Is this still a widespread program bug for the HR44 or is it just happening to me now?

Is there a resolution for the problem?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It's a common bug in the current Genie DVR software. Should be fixed in the next update. In the mean time you can find the "missing" recordings in the Genie's "Recording History" menu. Changing the List sort order can also help (press "0" on the remote).

3. blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    This problem still going on is pathetic. It’s like D* wants us to dump the dish. Can’t say enough bad things about AT&T since they took over. My Genies have the correct DVR list. Our main DVR is hit or miss as to what is going to show up. Kind of like the crummy App. “Take your DVR on the go”. Yeah right. What a joke! I miss the REAL Directv. Even when they frustrated me they SOLVED the issue. “Don’t know what you got till it’s gone”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3ntj and Rich like this.
  4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I got the new update the other day and I haven't seen a missing recording since it arrived, the update is 0x1112. Now I get recordings I didn't set.

Rich

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I know what you mean... besides the disappearing programs in the Playlist (HR54), the repeated loss of the 4k resolution setting (C61k), and the dropouts on the 4k channels (C61k), it seems D* is way over their heads when it comes to the 4k equipment and software. These issues have existed since at least last March when I upgraded to 4k. I would say that D* 4k is not yet really ready for primetime due to these problems.

6. Jan 1, 2019 #6 of 14
    nickff

nickff Legend

Dec 8, 2007
    Can an update still be forced using the 0 2 4 6 8 method?

7. Jan 1, 2019 #7 of 14
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    A forced updated is how I got 1114b but you have to do it between 3 am - 7 am (I think that is the time frame) Eastern time zone. I did my forced update about 4:30 am Eastern when I got 1114b.

8. Jan 1, 2019 #8 of 14
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Yes but as indicated it needs to be between 3-7am during the week(not weekends)

114B is the current one rolling out during that time

9. Jan 1, 2019 #9 of 14
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    To answer your question, yes. There are reasons why DIRECTV staggers the release of software. Forcing a update can be a double edged sword. Sometimes you get something nice. Sometimes you get something not so nice. If you get the later you will have no recourse with AT&T/DIRECTV.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The above post is wrong. Soon after I wrote it the programs started disappearing again.

Rich

11. William Hecox

William Hecox New Member

Jan 1, 2019
    As a retired Software Engineer, I think these guys my have bit off more than they can chew.
    When AT&T took over they rolled out the new format prematurely. I know it is difficult to test
    every thing before you roll out a new release and sometimes you run into difficult to solve
    problems. Believe me I have been there. I always hated to backout on a new release
    because it was admitting defeat. It seems like we have had this problem for several months now.
    What they are trying to do may not be possible. It may be time to backout the new software.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Defeat is better than failure.

13. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    That new format was being tested well before ATT took over

14. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Half of my playlist still doesn’t display on my HR54..a long running bug. Major fail on D*s part.