Missing recordings on iPhone DTV app

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by don23805, May 19, 2019.

1. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    When I fire up the DTV app on my phone, it Initializes, Logs in, Loads channels. I click Watch Your DVR. I only see a subset of shows that I know are on my DVR (by checking with a Genie remote), and of those, only a subset of episodes are shown. e.g., if I click PLAY the Meet The Press episode, it shows me the May 5 one, but makes no mention of today's. And Face the Nation isn't there at all.
    So I can play what is shown, but I'm not seeing it all.
    It acts the same whether the iPhone is on my local wifi, or if wifi is turned off so it is going thru the Verizon system. Any suggestions? I won't even tell you what a waste of time it was by phone!
    TIA Don

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    What receivers do you have?

3. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    It's an HR44-500. I was thinking maybe I should try resetting the receiver and see if that helps.

4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I'm seeing the same thing, IOS apps say they can't see my Genie. Playlist is showing recordings that it saw before I left home, nothing new. The network assistant doesn't show #6 as being connected, which in the past has caused remote access problem. I also can't schedule recordings remotely. DIRECTV may as well just give up on this remote access crap.

5. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    That’s all you have? No other hr2xs right?

Yeah might try a reset but could be a glitch.

6. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    Yes, just the one HR44, and 3 Genie remotes. I tried restarting the receiver, but nothing changed. It acts as if it isn't updating the Play List. Locally, I see two Samantha Bee episodes. But the phone app sees only one, and it's neither of the ones that are actually on the DVR.
    I lost my notes, but I recall that while I was on hold for DTV, they mentioned a couple "other apps", one called something like Remote DVR (?). But I didn't find anything like that in the App Store. Is there any such thing?
    My only use for this whole thing is to be able to watch DVR recordings made at home from my apartment. I figure if I can get it to play on the iPhone, I can get the adapter that will tap into that and put it out on HDMI for the big TV.

7. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    You might try deleting the app from your device for a day then reloading it and seeing if that helps as well. I know... pain but maybe that fixes it.

8. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    P.S. -- well, a little progress, maybe. I deleted the app from the phone and reloaded it. This version is 5.15.004, possibly their 3rd attempt on May 15 (?). Usually well written apps check for updates when you start them. Guess AT&T hasn't gotten there yet. The erroneous playlist has disappeared, but no new one has loaded. I click on the Get Started button and it does Activating, then Registering, but now says We couldn't connect to your DVR. Try registering your device when it's connected to your home Internet network (212), which it is. Try Again gets the same result.

9. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    OK, will delete it for a day. Or maybe buy a Tivo :)

10. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    June 2nd update . . . Reloading the iPhone app after a day's hiatus didn't help. It gets up to Registering Your DVR, and then quits, offering Try Again. Today I killed power to the DVR for a few minutes. After it got back on-line, I was able to have the app go all the way to success. It looked like many of my recorded series were there. So I clicked on Meet The Press. It played, but it was last week's show. Normally the Playlist will give you the option of choosing the episode if there's more than one, right? This didn't. What gets even stranger is that when I turned on the home TV and went to MTP, the only episode was today's! Where is the app getting last week's recording and why? Since the Genie didn't see it, I probably deleted it after watching last week, my usual practice.
    TIA
    Don

11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Try CLEARMYBOX on your DVR.

12. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    What's that? A menu option?

13. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Using your DIRECTV remote bring up the Smart Search feature and do a keyword search for CLEARMYBOX. Performing a CLEARMYBOX clears out the guide data database.

14. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It does more than just clearing guide data.

A couple months ago my Mobile DVR was acting up. When I looked at the mobile devices associated with it, there was more than the five authorized (two devices were listed three times each). And that was on my HR44 and on my online account.

DIRECTV had me do a CLEARMYBOX, and that removed all the devices. The Mobile DVR worked after that.

15. don23805

don23805 New Member

May 19, 2019
    OK, I think I did a clearmybox. When I fire up the iPhone app, it now looks like the shows I'd expect. I clicked on Meet The Press. There was a folder icon for View All Episodes. It showed 5 espsodes, even though my dvr shows only the 6/2 episode. But the app showed E22 First Aired 6/2/19, so I clicked play for that one (the others didn't have Play icons -- maybe a hint that they were vestiges). But what came up was last week's episode!
    I tried Settings; Reset this DVR. It looked the same as the clearmybox process; same screens. Same result - last week's show. Tried clearmybox procedure again. Results the same. Something else I'm missing?
    TIA Don

16. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You need to wait 24 hours for everything to reload completely after performing a CLEARMYBOX.

17. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    And depending on your recording schedule you will need a reboot again The mobile dvr plugin needs a reboot to load. It will only do this when nothing is recording and no one is watching tv