DBSTalk Forum banner

Mission:Impossible 4

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I can't bring myself to watch the MI movies - if they had called them something else, I could probably enjoy them. It disturbs me greatly that they replaced all the stuff that made the original series unique with just more Bond-like action and gadgets.

The original series showcased teamwork, with the team using intelligence and wit to out-smart the bad guys. The movies replaced the team with an "army of one" that solves everything with a gun. Well, with a gun and way too much use of masks that makes the hero look like someone else.

#5 ·
You guys serious about Top Gun II? Iceman or Viper around this time? lol

But I think MI4 is a bit overkill. I thought the first one was the best, then it went downhill ever since. When I say downhill, I mean they just turned out to be just another action flick. The first one was fresh and the idea was entertaining (for those that haven't seen the original MI). Just like Matrix. Once the film watchers know what the matrix was all about, the second and third episodes weren't as good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.