1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB EI + NFL ST promo??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dtv757, Mar 22, 2013.

1. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    I saw for new customer they have NFL ST and MLB EI free with ultimate package.. any current customer have success with getting this promo?

(saw this being discussed in another mlb thread, mods you may delete this post)

2. mikellie

mikellie Cool Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Very hard for existing customers to get the same offers made to new customers. They will tell you that you were given some sort of deal when you became a new customer also.

3. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    This is a great deal! If they have this with the nba league pass and nfl sunday ticket in the fall i will probably go back to directv for sure especially if it includes the genie hr 44 dvr by then! Heck i might even settle for the genie 34!!!:jump3::jump3::jump3::jump3: only reason i dont sign up right now is because i'm still under fios contract untill march of 2014 but i have nba league pass right now and i figured i migt ae well hang in there.

4. nsfw

nsfw New Member

Mar 22, 2013
    How would this work if every customer got these for free? You do know DTV has to pay a license to get these?
    I love seeing people on forums complain that they can't get a new subsidized phone every year when the new models come out. This is sort of a similar complaint.
    DTV offers this and hopes you love the service and will pay for lots of premium content for many years to come. New customer incentives are really expensive for service providers.

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    NFL ST is a loss for home use they make bank with the bars that have it.

6. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    i wasn't really complaining, i was just seeing if any one was able to get that promo.

when i speak to the reps i just kindly ask about promos. i don't complain or threaten to cancel etc. i ended up calling back, didn't get the sports packages free but increased my package at no extra cost (temporally of course) lol

7. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa

Speaking as one of the bar owners they make bank from, if they keep giving away ST to too many people it won't make it worth it for me to have it, because too many people will have a neighbor who has it at home.

8. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    how many homes are setup in the way that let's you see 2-8+ games at the same time (and no don't count that mini mix channel window)

9. Rosco

Rosco AllStar

May 27, 2007
    Let me see, let me see. :D

Attached Files: