1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mlb extra innings questions

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jcmwwe, Sep 11, 2018.

1. jcmwwe

jcmwwe Mentor

Jul 29, 2009
    hi does anyone here have mlb extra innings on dish network? I am thinking of switching from directv to dish but need some info if anyone could help me, please let me know. Do u get the hd channel for both home and away team on each game like u do with directv. Like if u r watching braves vs Giants. U can pic either braves channel or giants channel to watch it on? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Yes you do get the HD for home and away. It is VERY rare to have SD only feeds.
    If a game does not show up in the EI package, you may want to also check ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, MLB Network, FOX, ... for it.

3. jcmwwe

jcmwwe Mentor

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi thanks for response. Is the quality really good on mlb extra innings on dish? Always had it on directv but am thinking of switching to dish for lower prices. Thanks.

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It depends on what your definition of quality is.

There are times where Dish doesn't have every possible dual feed available, which might be a deal breaker for you. Like according to Dish's webguide, tonight while they are providing the Rogers Sportsnet and NBCS Philly feeds, they're not carrying the WPIX (Yankees), SNY, ATT Southwest or SportsNet LA feeds.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. jcmwwe

jcmwwe Mentor

Jul 29, 2009
    I watch all Atlanta Braves games so it would be Fox sports south and fox sports southeast is what I would be talking about. Does it show the braves games on those channel every night? Thanks.

6. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Yes they do. It's RARE to not find the Braves on "one" of those two channels. I'm in the Braves marketing area and as such the Braves telecast and the opponent's telecast are blacked out for me in the EI package. I must watch them via my local RSN (FOX Sports South or FOX Sports Southeast).