MLB Mix 720 Finally Gone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BrucePadgett, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett AllStar

Nov 14, 2007
    Despite not being subscribed to Extra Innings, I had been receiving the Mix channel all season. Not anymore. I knew this was coming, as DirecTV has cleared this channel before, and eventually figured out their error. In fact, I wasn't even aware it was freely available again until I read about it on these boards a couple of weeks into this season.

It was nice while it lasted. Hey, doesn't MLB.TV have their annual 50% off Father's Day special right now? Hmmm...

2. billraff

billraff New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I subscribe to MLB EI and the mix channel and all the game channels seem to be down currently.

3. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    DTV programmers are, once again, emulating 'dumb as rocks'; if something in their master control board was in the fritz, then why not put up a message screen?

They are (again) telling subscribers they really need a job digging ditches.

No 'remapping' either, one has to go to the direct rsn channel to watch the games.

4. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    Epic fail!

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Or the horror of having to go go the actual RSN in channel.

Is there an issue yes. Is it keeping you from watching games? Doesn't sound like it. Just takes an extra channel change. Whatever this issue is maybe they can't get anything to change at the moment. Saying they all need to dig ditches is just rude to everyone who works there. You have no clue what's wrong and maybe should wait till you find out before you suggest firing everyone who works in engineering.

Now if you want to fire the people in charge of marketing and what services and genie combinations they offer, well go for it. I'm there with you! But issues like this, need a reason it's happening first. Which of course we will never get. But problems happen with every service.

KyL416 likes this.
  6. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    And CSN Philly can be found where?

7. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    Must be too much US Open. Great job AT&T!

Can't even throw up a slide?

8. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Another two rsn's that usually are shown on local broadcast stations on Friday nights are the Yankees and Tx Rangers, but a quick check show that they dodged that bullet tonight. Maybe the Giants and of course the Dodgers may be another possibility.

They may be waiting until the golf ends at the top of this hour to reboot the main system.

If one has the mlb.tv activated, that's a work around, for those who have exinn and went through the trouble of getting that going. If one doesn't and any games are local broadcast or the Dodgers, then out of luck.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. Bradman

Bradman Mentor

Aug 8, 2011
    Yep, mix and all EI channels down, even after receiver refresh. Can get the games thru the RSNs, however, (Premier subscriber).

10. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If you're a Phillies fan and having the CSN Philly feed is a must, you can use MLB.tv like many of them (as well as Blue Jays and Dodgers fans) already do on some busy nights where feeds from the non-carried RSNs aren't available. If you just want to see the game itself, you can watch the Diamondbacks feed on channel 686 until it's resolved.

This is the first, and hopefully only time, this is happening this season. DirecTV is still the provider that gives you the most feeds, compared to digital cable where you're lucky to have dual feeds and on some nights late games are joined in progress (and only a few providers carry all of iNDemand's GAME channels in HD), or Dish where they mostly only carry the feeds of the channels they carry.

BTW, I don't have Extra Innings to check, but can anyone that does check HD Cinema 161? There might be a game on the channel. Channel 156 is showing the High School Baseball game that's supposed to be on FS Indiana 671-4, so whatever caused this issue is affecting more than just Extra Innings. Channels 150, 157 and 160 might have games on soon too.

EDIT: It's fixed, the games should be live on the 720s

As for putting a slate up, the issue affected everything that required a remap, not just Extra Innings. The games on the part time feeds were live, they were just stuck on the HD Cinema channels and not remapped to the proper RSN alternate or E/I channel. When you see a slate that's also a remap of one of the Cinema channels. (i.e. they use channel 196 for the satellite tax messages and remap it to multiple places in the lineup) So yeah they could have put a slate up on one of the Cinema channels they occasionally use for slates and other messages, but they still wouldn't have had a way to put it on the Extra Innings channels until the issue itself was resolved. Like the night where D10 was out back in 2015, they used one of the Cinema channels for a slate and remapped it to those channels with instructions on how to show SD duplicates until they fired up D14 for the first time and brought most of those missing channels back within a few hours. (So yeah, let's fire the engineering team who back in 2015 managed to recover from a satellite suddenly going silent by firing up the brand new satellite for the first time and reuplinking all but 3 of the affected channels there within 5 hours, over an issue that was out of their control, and replace them with a brand new team expected to hit the ground running on a very active sports weekend)

11. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    That's what I'm hoping. I just don't get the rapid apologist replies covering for the failure. Do the apologists get a bill credit?
    I need a slide. Chat full... calling a waste of time. The caller is likely to inform the CSR of the issue.

12. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    Does riding the AT&T high horse cause you much chafing? We pay more than those other crazy options to avoid this crap. I gave it an hour for a fix or explanation and received neither.

13. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Just fyi since if it works/updates is a daily crapshoot, but scoreguide isn't updating either.

14. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's fixed, the games should be live on the 720s and the FS Indiana high school game is now on 671-4. (And my guess was right, HD Cinema 161 was the Phillies feed)

15. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    The remapping hit, but the mix channel isn't 'live' yet; bet as I said as soon as the pga mix channel ended at the top of the hour, they managed to reboot whatever was gumming the works up. Now to fix the mix channel.....