MLB.tv login error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by evotz, Sep 26, 2019.

1. evotz

evotz Member

Jan 23, 2014
    So I guess DirecTV decided... "meh! close enough to the end of the season, let's just stop mlb.tv."

At least Extra Innings is still working. But the MLB.tv subscription I have through EI doesn't appear to be working any more.

Anybody else confirm?

2. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    It still works for me.

3. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    It works for me after logging out and back in on MLB.TV.

4. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    I had to re-authorize. My guess is that this had something to do with MLB.TV getting set up for the playoffs.

While DirecTV is responsible for a lot of issues, I think this one's on MLB.

Rich and compnurd like this.
  5. evotz

evotz Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Indeed... logging back in and reauthorizing seems to have worked. I hadn't thought of that.

Many thanks for checking and setting me straight.

6. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I have regular mlb.tv and this is a common occurrence

7. schmave1

schmave1 Active Member

May 20, 2016
    Reynoldsburg...
    For the first time in years, this did not happen to me over the past few days. Hadn't even thought about it until I saw this thread.

8. evotz

evotz Member

Jan 23, 2014
    It worked for me all season, no reauthorization needed. And then this happened during the last week of the season. I just thought that DirecTV might've ended their season with MLB.tv a little early. Never thought of needing to reauthorize.

9. mickat

mickat New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Trying to watch last nites nats dog game and said not authorized, called in was told I had to buy the post season games, tred to tell them I watched last week OK. MLB.TV could not help.

10. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Yep. You have to buy the post season package. If you were able to watch some games last week, it was their error and you got a 'freebie'.

11. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Aside from the one wild-card game that aired on ESPN, I've been able to watch all the postseason games on my computer through mlb.com (both live and replays), after I signed in with my DirecTV account -- mlb.com automatically redirected me to sign in there the first time I tried to watch a postseason game.

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Yes, you are authorized since your DIRECTV account has Fox or FS1 or TBS. But to watch on MLB.TV, you have to buy their post season package.

compnurd likes this.