MLB TV

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Rich, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Jun 7, 2019 #1 of 29
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I tried MLB TV (or whatever they call it). I looked at the pricing and they charge by the month. Looked at everything on the site and went for the 7 day free trial. Cancelled it today. It was fine, the PQ was acceptable. I could opt to see the game live or go back to the beginning and watch the whole game. I could have watched games that had been played, kinda like a DVR function. It met all the standards I wanted...why did I cancel?

One reason. I could not go to that site without seeing the scores. Once I know the outcome of a sporting event I lose interest completely. Disappointed, I am.

Rich

2. Jun 7, 2019 #2 of 29
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Not sure what platform you were using, but on both the Fire TV and Roku, go to settings and there is a HIDE SCORES. Turn On or Off.

TheRatPatrol likes this.
  3. Jun 7, 2019 #3 of 29
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Same with ATV

TheRatPatrol likes this.
  4. Jun 7, 2019 #4 of 29
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I’m pretty sure you can do it at the website as well, MLB.TV, under settings.

5. Jun 8, 2019 #5 of 29
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I was using an ATV. Didn't see that option.

Rich

6. Jun 8, 2019 #6 of 29
    AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I have the app. on my Sony TV, and there is the option to hide scores.

7. Jun 8, 2019 #7 of 29
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    It’s under settings, labeled Hide Scores - on. Swipe up to get to settings.

Rich likes this.
  8. Jun 8, 2019 #8 of 29
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Rich -- I know you are a Navy veteran. MLB.TV does offer a significant discount for veterans. They do state their discount is for "veterans and retirees." Worth checking out. They use ID ME to verify your eligibility (ID.me | For Individuals - Take Control of Your Digital Identity). You can use a USAA membership or upload a DD214 (and there are other means that probably don't apply to you (like a .mil email address for active duty personnel)).

BTW -- the id.me account I first set up was to get a $2,000 discount on a Ford my wife bought. I've used it since for Ford, GM, MLB.TV and NHL.TV discounts. And they also have Students and First Responder discounts.

Rich and TheRatPatrol like this.
  9. Jun 8, 2019 #9 of 29
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Found it, enabled the app and I'm good. Thanks.

Rich

TheRatPatrol likes this.
  10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thanks, I'm gonna look into that. My DD214 was lost years ago and I finally got a copy the other day. I will use that site. I passed up two $500 dollar discounts when I bought the two Sonatas recently. My wife is now very aware of how valuable a DD214 is. And I have copies in my safe and in my bank's vault now.

Rich

11. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    DD214 is very handy to have. I used it to set up burial at a VA cemetary for my wife and me. I also visited the local VA hospital looking for a hearing aid but discovered I make too much money to get any benefits from them than are not service-connected. The only time I remember firing a rifle was in basic training.

Rich likes this.
  12. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    FYI, T-Mobile offers MLB TV for free annually for subscribers. Part of T-Mobile Tuesday’s opening day week.

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm very satisfied with Verizon. I'm wondering if I really want to bother with MLB TV. The only reason I can think of for having it is betting. I watch every inning of every Yankees game and most of the Mets games. I don't have the time or inclination to watch other games. I've had MLB on the 7 day trial for a few days and I haven't watched one game on it. MLB is not like the NFL. I can watch football games all day long on Sundays. Don't see that happening with baseball games.

Rich

14. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    MLB TV is nice if you are traveling or if you follow another out of market team. In my case the Reds, since I grew up there and lived there during the big Red machine era, 1975-76.

compnurd likes this.
  15. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Wow..this is good info!

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I know folks that have MLB for that reason. I did use it several times yesterday and I think I'm gonna keep it.

Rich

17. Steven Paul

Steven Paul New Member

May 27, 2019
    I , warned to get MLB package on DirecTV today to keep up with my Phillies. Especially , since too many times national and regional games show less desirable games for me. After calling now being mid June they still want full price 29.95 a month or full $171 or so yearly rate. I mentioned If there wasn't a in season discount but, to no avail. I said I would pay monthly 4 payments which would be June thru the end of September but, refuse to pay for two more that I didn't use at start of season. I only have streaming on built in LG TV and a Samsung TV so, that is not an option this is sad that they want full money after a third or more of the season is over.

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I did see a discounted price a month or so ago. About $70 IIRC. Cannot find it now, not sure how it was offered. In any event I cancelled it, don't see it doing me much good. Watching every inning of every Yankee game is exhausting enough. Throw in all the Mets games and I just don't have the time or inclination to use MLB TV.

Rich

19. Steven Paul

Steven Paul New Member

May 27, 2019
    Thanks for the reply Rich

Rich likes this.
  20. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    MLB.TV is on sale until Sunday for $49.99 which covers the rest of the regular season. It will renew next year at full price, so don't forget to cancel.

MLB.TV Out-of-Market Packages

Also, Amazon Prime Video Channels has MLB.TV as well, but they are live only. You can't start from the beginning or replay during the live broadcast.