Mobile DVR - Commercial Skipping? Streaming Live Show?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bigwilly087, Mar 7, 2017.

1. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 AllStar

Mar 28, 2007
    I was under the impression that the Mobile DVR would give you access to everything on your DVR at home, without restriction. I tested it with a show yesterday and it said fast-forward was disabled (just like on-demand), and then I tried to watch a show that was still going on, and it said it wasn't available. I am trying to stream CBSSN (221) on Thursday so that I can watch while at work, but of course it isn't on the list of channels we can live stream so I am looking for a workaround.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    You probably hadn't actually found your DVRs yet. You have to make sure it's found it and that you are streaming from your genie rather than from On Demand. On demand is usually better quality but no skipping.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Mobile DVR has a streaming function and a download/play function. I originally bought the the first generation of this (nomad) because where I work or travel, I have no WiFi. So I take recorded shows off my Genie DVR, have them set to transcode automatically, and then download the shows I want before I travel.

Doing it this way, I can pause, rewind and fast forward. I think the rewind button is 10 seconds and the fast forward is 30 seconds. Plus you can slide the position bar across the bottom to move to different parts of your recording.

But I don't think all those functions are available while streaming.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    First, there are restrictions. Second, VOD is the default for playback of shows. In order to stream from your DVR you must use the "more ways to watch" link and find the MobileDVR version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk