1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Rich, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Finally got around to watching Modern Family last night and enjoyed it very much. Well thought out situation comedy. Diverse (to say the least!), well written and easy to believe.

I've had several rude people ask me if my wife was my daughter. Doesn't really bother either of us when it happens, but I do enjoy telling the people that do it what I think of their rudeness (and stupidity). For those who haven't seen the show yet, watch it and you'll see what I mean.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the show and would recommend it to everyone. Great cast. Good writing and very believable.

Rich

2. irish316

irish316 AllStar

Nov 7, 2007
    Brownsburg, IN
    I agree. That show is freaking hilarious. Cougar Town with Courteney Cox is good as well. I wasn't too sure about that. It's been a long time since ABC has had some good comedy shows. Those two are keepers IMO.

3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm really glad to see good comedies appearing again. Aside from Malcolm In The Middle and Everybody Hates Chris, I don't remember seeing many family oriented (what a family!) in recent years.

Rich

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This show is a lot of fun and it has a slightly twisted vibe to it. It's a keeper.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    "Slightly"? :) I'm not a big fan of Ed O'Neill, but he really impressed me in this show.

Rich

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Well, compared to some of what's on cable, yes slightly.

7. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    My wife and I also really enjoy this show. Very well written and entertaining. I hope they can keep it going strong.

8. drded

drded Godfather

Aug 22, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Ditto on the accolades for Modern Family. Well written and interesting characters.

No ditto for Cougar Town, though. Too smutty and too predictable for my taste.

Dave

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Hadn't given those shows a thought. Was focused on network shows. Good point.

Rich