Monthly Discount for Auto-Pay?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by maverick22, Sep 13, 2014.

1. maverick22

maverick22 Mentor

Jan 5, 2011
    I believe has/had a $10 discount each month when one signed up for auto-pay.

Does Dish do this as well? I've been reading in older posts that it's included in the price, so if you do not sign up for auto-pay, then the monthly bill is increased. Is that still true?

2. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    No discounts for auto pay. At one time if you were to sign up for auto pay and paperless billing you were rewarded by getting HD free for life, but that has gone the way of the Dodo, at least for new customers. Those who originally signed up are grandfathered.

3. maverick22

maverick22 Mentor

Jan 5, 2011
    Thank you for the info!

4. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    You also used to get a discount for paying a year in advance, but that was before the dodo ever arrived!

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Great!

6. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    There is one advantage to paying annually. If there is a price increase, you don't have to pay the higher rate until your annual subscription renews.

7. Oct 1, 2014 #7 of 12
    tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well actually you do get HD free for 24 mos if you do autopay, just not for life any more.

8. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes but....... any fee increases or additions you did have to pay, those were not included in the annual bill. And in reality most would have only gained a few months of no increase before their annual bill was due again not one year except in a few cases.
    The discount btw was one free month.

9. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    That is a promo, not a discount as far as I am concerned. In fact my local cable company is making a VERY big deal out of the fact that if you sign with them you actually DO NOT PAY FOR HD. Additionally, they offer ALL the HBO and SHOWTIME channels that are available. With the advent of Switched Digital Video, they have come a long ways in giving the satellite companies a run for the money. A friend has it and I can honestly say the PQ is amazing.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Do they even accept annual payments? I don't see the option on my account. One is allowed to "pay ahead" (so to speak) but I believe all DISH does is carry the balance to the next bill until depleted ... there is no price guarantee given by paying ahead.

11. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well of course you pay for HD with your local cable company, they just include it in the price they charge, rather than just list it separately which is not at all the same thing as "not paying" for it or getting it "free".

12. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Not any more. It was discontinued a year or so ago. Those who were on annual billing and got the roughly one month discount may still get a monthly credit to offset the change. I think it was 24 months and I still have a few left.