Most Disfunctional Management - ATT or Boeing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DirectMan, Oct 27, 2019.

1. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    I was thinking about how much ATT has destroyed D* since acquiring it when thinking about how much the management team at Boeing has destroyed the wonderful history and reputation of the company with their rushed and half-baked 737 MAX airplane. In the case of ATT it has been mostly customer service quality declines and the inability to recognize changes in the marketplace with innovative pricing and their arrogance and disregard toward their customer base. In the case of Boeing it was a hurried and untested offering and disregard of their engineering team - the quick buck with a revised 737 instead of the long term value of a new product that doesn't need a software Band-Aid to keep it flying.

The only thing that is positive in this situation is that the marketplace is working - ATT management is under attack by their large shareholders. The CEO is leaving and his designated successor may not have the support to take charge. In Boeing's case the Chairman/CEO has had the Chairman's title removed and the Commercial Airplane head has been terminated.

The only thing I regret is that there has not been a grab back of the CEO's ill gotten gains in terms of outsized salary and bonus.

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Yes. Let’s compare crappy customer service to planes that have killed over 700 people. What could go wrong. I am sure the family of the dead appreciate comparing the management of the company that rushed a plane that killed there loved ones to a company who’s management has a history of poor customer service

3. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    better to compare with NASA aka Challenger.

compnurd likes this.
  4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Ever hear the phrase "comparing apples with oranges"? Your post is a prime example.

compnurd likes this.