1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most local HD Channels are down

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jtudor, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jtudor

jtudor Legend

Feb 23, 2008
    About 15 - 20 minutes ago (1:45 am EDST) most of my local HD channels went down. A couple are still on but most are not. I enabled SD channels and they are on.

The HD Channels that are down are all black, no 771, no message from Directv or anything else there.

I am in the Charlotte NC DMA.
    3 9 14 18 30 36 46 are all black on HD, SD is working.
    42 55 58 58-2 and 64 are working on HD and SD.

Anybody got any idea what's up here?

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks like something localized, as Sacramento, CA locals are unaffected.

3. jtudor

jtudor Legend

Feb 23, 2008
    The channels are back on this morning, but I would still like to know what happened. Any Ideas?

Also I just got the 66d update, and now some of my local HD channels have a small white triangle in the upper right hand corner of the channel name box. All don't and there was not correlation between the triangle and the channels that were down last night.

What is this little white triangle supposed to indicate?

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Left arrow over the triangle and press info

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    see discussion here

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=213982

6. jtudor

jtudor Legend

Feb 23, 2008
    Back to the original subject, my HD channels have gone black several times again today, only for 30 seconds to a minute but still the same thing.

What would be in common with so many channels, but would not affect all of them?

Is there more than one uplink in an area for the locals, and are the HD / SD streams uplinked from different facilities?