1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motor Home Receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by captgadget, Dec 17, 2011.

1. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    OK, I needed to do some work on my dish so I took everything apart. Finished what I wanted to do, reconnected everything. Now, my new HR24 says I have no signal, so man I'm moving my tripod, realigning and still nothing. I've swapped out HDMI cables, have hooked up component video and still nothing. Then I decided I'd try the receiver in the bedroom and everything works great. Signal level on both tuners of 96%, but no signal on the HR24. I even changed the coax cable from the SWM to the HR24. Guess I can call D* but most of the time I have better results from here.:confused:

2. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    What did you do to the dish?

3. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    I called D* and the receiver is defective and they are replacing. Sucks though when you can't get assurance they will replace with another HR24. I ordered that one from Ebay so I could have what I wanted. To make sure it is defective I brought in the house and it wouldn't work here either.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If you get another HR24 from DirecTV, go out and immediately buy a lottery ticket.

Are they sending you a replacement for free (or just $20 for shipping)? If so, call back and ask if you can buy a HR24 from a third party seller (SolidSignal/Amazon, etc) and get a $199 credit from DirecTV.

5. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    Free

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Try moving the HR24 to the bedroom and seeing if it works there or not. If it does, then you have a wiring problem between the dish and the original location. If it does not, then you have a bad HR24.

7. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    Hey, trh, guess I'm buying a lottery ticket tomorrow. When I got home tonight there was a package from D* so of course I had to open it right away and lo and behold it was a HR24 - just want I wanted!!!!!

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Don't get too excited about the lottery ticket. I've read several posts stating it's DirecTV's policy to replace a HR24 with a HR24.