1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorhome & Antenna

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by JohnQ, Nov 29, 2011.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    We have a motorhome with the Front Cap that is constructed out of fiberglass. Normally we have the little antenna puck sitting on the dash, and if heading south get fair to middling reception. Going north it is essentially Kaput. I do NOT want to drill any more holes in the roof, don't want to chance water leakage. On another site somebody mentioned that you can mount the antenna puck up near the ceiling (on the inside!!!) and get good reception since fiberglass doesn't block the signal. Is it true (I Hope -- No Holes)????? :confused:

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I've heard the same thing about good reception through the fiberglass. There are also Truck antennas (mirror mounts and other brackets) you might want to look at.

XM Truck antennas

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I actually get great reception through the wall of my garage. It's a wall with no drywall or insulation and I get full signal. I would think fiberglass would not be a problem.

Mike

4. jamelar

jamelar Cool Member

Dec 30, 2010
    I have a Sirius radio I use in a Jeep with a fiberglass hard top. The antenna is up against the ceiling on the inside of the jeep and works fine.

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    How much does a unit cost?