1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola Atrix 4G will hit AT&T stores on February 22

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    From Android Central:
    This just might be the phone that will replace my rooted Nexus1 and Melissa's iphone (Melissa is also eyeing my N1 as well as the HTC Inspire 4G). My big reservation is that Cyanogen does not do his magic on Motorola phones. Cyanogen and his team have created a incredible Gingerbread custom rom that I will really hate to give up. Thank goodness for the 30 day return policy.

2. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    According to my AT&T account PRE-ORDERS start now. $299 for the phone w/contract $499 without, $499 for the "laptop adapter," $49.99 for "standard dock", $129.95 for HD Multimedia Dock, $189.95 for entertainment center w/remote. All accessories EXCEPT THE LAPTOP DOCK currently eligible for FAN discount. Accessories have a 14 day return period.

"Pre-orders for the MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G are expected to be delivered on or before March 6, 2011. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays."

3. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll be paying $199.00..I hope you aren't paying $299.00:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/att-a...available-march-6-or-earlier-pre-order-feb-13
    Looks like "earlier".
    http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix-4g-confirmed-coming-att-february-22

4. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I'll be picking up one of these on release day! Can't wait!

5. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    It's the only phone I've been excited about since getting my Nexus1. I mean dual core...how can one not be excited.

Sent using DBSTalk on Android.

6. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It's AT&T

7. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Then it's not for you.
    ( Another anti AT&T irrelevant post.) So move along..nothing of interest for you to read here. :nono2:

8. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It is relevant.

I played with the Atrix for a long time at CES and loved it.

But, you asked the question "what's not to get excited about?", and I responded. After having AT&T before, and now having a superior provider, I won't go back to AT&T for any phone.

So, that's why for some (many) there's no reason to get excited about the Atrix. If it becomes available on another provider, that will be a different story.

Or were you just being rhetorical?

9. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I have had AT&T/Cingular for over 9 years without any complaints. So for me it is the superior network. I don't want this thread to turn into this vs them. It is about the Atrix on AT&T. I would like it to stay that way. Thank you.

10. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Ah, so you were being rhetorical. No problem, should have just said that.

11. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Yea, $199, typo, brain vs hand. Was just at AT&T a while ago and he said it will be in the store on March 3rd. Not sure on the Feb vs March dates though but I never trust a DirecTV or AT&T rep. :lol: He didn't mention the package when I asked about the dock.

12. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I thought I read there was to by a Cyanogen release for the X before long...

13. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Actually for me it's been Cellular One ->AT&T-> Cingular-> AT&T. Must go back 20 +years. I remember my first phone was the hard-wired handset like a desk phone with the hummmming curly antenna on the vehicle. :) Guess I'm also one of the lucky few in the minority with no issues. :rolleyes:

14. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Yes..I believe you are correct. I was reading a post on the Atrix thread in xda..the poster didn't think CM would deal with the Atrix. CM7 RC/Nightly is great..a few minor bugs but it's still in beta.

15. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Really? ;) I went to my AT&T store last weekend, just after the HTC Inspire (nice phone btw.) arrived. The Atrix laptop dock was already on display but the rep didn't know how much,or what it was for. She didn't have a clue on any of the costs associated with the Atrix.

16. tgater

tgater Godfather

Jul 24, 2007
    According to AT&T web site wireless email is not an option?

17. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    Same here! But I'm keeping the Nexus, and putting the Atrix on a second line. Can't give up a great phone just because I'm getting another great phone, right? :lol::lol:

18. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Highly agree! :) The Nexus will be staying in the family through a rather convoluted upgrade musical chairs. Melissa is the one already due for a upgrade. Since she wants to get rid of her iphone, she will be the one upgrading to the Atrix which she will give to me, I will give her my Nexus. When I'm due for the upgrade in June, Melissa will either A) keep the Nexus B) get the HTC Inspire or C) get another Artrix (then we can video chat) or D) get whatever cool phone is released by that time. The Nexus will remain in the family since it is rooted, running CM7 which allows me to hotspot my laptop (for free, (which I am doing right now)), unless the Atrix is rooted..blah blah. Whew..:lol:

We also dropped our call minutes down to the next tier( 700 minutes a month, we only use about 100 minutes a month) to save $20 a month, got the unlimited any mobile to any mobile calling (for free). Doing that we lost our 2000 rollover minutes, however she got the txt msg (because she is a iphone user, for now) that she gets 1000 bonus minutes...so before we do the switch she will pay the bill, send in the txt reply (getting the free minutes) then we will do the above process. All the while keeping our grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Simple and clear....right? :jump3:!rolling

19. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    :scratch: uh?

20. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Oh happy day! It's a happy day. :D

From AC:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root-now-possible#comments

OK CyanogenMod..do your magic.