1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move to Dish Questions

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by 1953, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Suppose we moved to Dish from DTV. Are Dish prices lower? Quality just as good? HD Genie, mini-genie provided. We live in a NOA neighborhood. Will Dish remove DTV Sat and all cabling both inside and out. Are programing packages easy to understand and more user friendly? While our bill at DTV is over $160 it is because we have to pay for a higher package to get certain channels. Is there any way to select what we be very selective with Dish?

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Stay with Directv, programming packages are on DISH web site all you need to do is read them.

1953 likes this.
  3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Do research on the other service providers to see if what they provide is really best for you. Many people change service providers to save money only to learn the grass isn't really greener.

1953 likes this.
  4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Other than D*'s better sports coverage, the differences between providers is actually pretty slim IMO. When I switched to cable I knew they had fewer channels that either Dish or Direct offered, but they had all the channels I will watch, so does it matter who has the 'most'? In the process I dropped my TV bill down about $70/month. Well worth it.

If you are an avid sports fan, D* is probably the better choice. Otherwise it just isn't different enough and your wallet should come into play!

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk

1953 likes this.
  5. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Thank you all.

6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Back to some of your original questions.
    I've had no problem getting the dish taken down when switching. They will leave the 'foot' on the roof and you want them to so you won't have a leaking roof. The installers always tried to use the existing wiring where possible and ran any new wiring if needed. I've never had one remove existing wiring, but I never asked them too either, so I don't know if they would have or not.

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk