1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movers Connection Deal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by code4code5, May 24, 2012.

1. code4code5

code4code5 Godfather

Aug 29, 2006
    Saw a commercial last night advertising that customers using movers connection were able to seeing a deal on their "most advanced whole-home DVR."modes anyone have any experience with what that deal might be? We will be moving in about six to eight weeks, and since I'm out of contract, I could set up the news house under my wife's name and get a new customer deal. It might be nice to replace our aging HR20 and HR21 receivers in addition to getting an HR34, but I'd hope they would hook up a twelve year customer and I wouldn't have to give up my history.

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Why not just call and ask however they can't place an order for more than 30 days out so I'd just wait and call them as the offers can change.

3. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Current Movers offer expires 7/18/12, so you'll probably see some offer with NFLST after that date.

There will also probably be an equipment offer, as there has been in the past. So it might be beneficial to wait and see.

4. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    Movers connection is the choice if you're keeping the service as is..Customer Service will be able to determine if the move will be no charge and the type of upgrades you qualify for.

If choosing to get new offer deal as described, make sure to disconnect the active account just prior to the install (takes 24hrs after disconnect request).

Just FYI, if wanting to have Mover's Connection and New Offer at same time, it is not possible. Must choose one. Two pending accounts for the same address (movers and new) will auto trigger a fraud alert when the tech arrives, and undoing that will take some time and effort..just a friendly note.

Although it is true new customer sales/orders have 30 day limit, a follow-up call to new customer Sales Support can open the calendar and reschedule to the date of your choice (sometimes up to several months). Keep in mind, if beyond 30 days and the national offer changes, your order will reflect those changes.

Good luck!
    -=K=-

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Not all of this is accurate. However all he has to do is call the movers department and they will give him his options.

6. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    +1 with Shades.....DO NOT listen to kaminar

7. code4code5

code4code5 Godfather

Aug 29, 2006
    Thanks, all. I was just curious as to whether anyone had actually taken an offer recently. We'll figure it out when the time comes.