Movies Extra Pack Phone Call

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by GordonGekko, Oct 21, 2019.

1. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Anyone getting this phone call, they say within 24 hours it will be turned on, three free months of Movies Extra Pack, they don't ask for any information from the subscriber.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Sounds like SPAM.

3. GordonGekko

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah but what would be the point if they are not asking for any information?

4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    and they after three free months will be billed if you don't get rid of it.

5. GordonGekko

Dec 5, 2015
    So far nothing has showed up, it is strange, usually whenever customer service changes something on your account, they make you listen to a boring standardized agreement, you have to confirm with a "yes", none of that here, but again what is the point of this scam if indeed it is, maybe the real scam will be with the follow up call.

6. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I had the same call a month or so ago and I thought it was a scam. I just said sure and then hung up without giving them any information but several days later I checked and those channels were active. The Directv site shows them as free and has a day when they will start charging for them so I have to call in to cancel. Apparently it's legit just remember the date.

7. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    I got that call about 4 months ago while still a customer. When I said no, they were literally dumbfounded and went to the hard sell but I still refused them. Don't watch them so why have them and have to worry about cancelling. Problem was that even though I flat out told them NO, they added them anyway and had I not gone into my account to review my bill, I may not have caught it. As stated, they will start charging automatically after the trial is up if you don't cancel them.

Rich likes this.
  8. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    What is the Movies Extra Pack? I was getting the HD Extra Pack, but it no longer appears on my bill and the channels in that range are grayed out in the guide, with the exception of Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

9. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    AT&T renamed HD Extras Pack to Movies Extra Pack a while ago. Same channels (564-573) same price $4.99/mo.

10. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Thanks, any idea why I'm still getting Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (channel 565)? I would have dropped the package a long time ago except that my wife watches HM&M all the time.

11. bjlc

bjlc Icon

Aug 20, 2004
    i would drop it if i knew that i would keep 565 for my wife.. because when Momma is happy then we are all happy..

12. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is included in Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra and Premier in addition to the Movies Extra Pack. If you have one of those packages that's probably why.

13. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Thanks, that explains it. I have the Premier package. I would have dropped the Extra Pack a long time ago if I had known that. I used to watch HDNet Movies, but then they started running an animated channel bug over the movies every few minutes and I quit watching it. I don't know how the Extra Pack got removed from my programming, but I'm glad to be rid of it.