1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies Extra Pack

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MizzouTiger, Oct 28, 2018.

1. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Is this a free weekend for the Movies Extra Pack? Didn't see any messages on the receiver for this and no e-mails, but noticed this morning that all of the extra pack channels are available.

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, I believe until the 31st.

U may see random banners in the guide mentioning the free preview

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

3. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    See photo [​IMG]

4. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks

dtv757 likes this.
  5. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Movies Extra? MTV Live and Smithsonian are considered movies?

Put Epix in that package and then they have a winner. MTV Live and Smithsonian should go down to a lower package.

dtv757 likes this.
  6. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Yea I agree D* needs to add EPIX

The channels in that package are probably channels that charge more to be on D* so they put the channels on a higher tier. I forgot what it was called before "movies " HD extra mabye??

7. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I think that's right -- HD Extra, or maybe HD Xtra. I think they were all stations that did not have companion SD versions.

8. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yeah hd extra. I used to go in to the website and take it off and then was able to add it back free for 3 months. AT&T took over and eliminated this loop hole. Used to only have it for one channel, Palladia (now MTV Live). I don’t even watch that much anymore now that I think about it. If I need music I have the music choice app now.

Thanks to this thread and reflecting on it a bit, I think I will go cancel this strange package.

9. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Speaking of the MC app . Does it work well if u manually search for a song/video
    .I notice a lot of buffering if I manually search for a song

10. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yes it does sometimes. Live video does it too but not as much. It’s been better lately though. I don’t understand all the buffering when I have 75/7 mbps connection and can buffer YouTube HD and 4K without any issues, both wired and wireless.

11. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Yea I dont get it either if u have a fast broadband connection .

12. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I just removed this package. At $5 a month that’s $60 a year, almost a month of DirecTV for free since bill goes down from $85 and change to $80 and change.

There’s little value in it at all. Add Epix and I’ll reconsider. Don’t need MTV Live anymore. Audience network still shows some concerts and there’s music video blocks that can be DVR in the early morning hours on the other channels, or just use Music Choice, or YouTube music chrome cast to the TV.