Movies Extra Pack

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Rob37, May 6, 2020.

1. May 6, 2020 #1 of 22
    Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Is anyone else getting the Movies Extra Pack? I have been getting these channels now for a good 3 - 3½ weeks now. Since back in April ATLEAST. They are not on my programming account which I just went on the DIRECTV Website signed into my account & double checked. Should I be worried because I am still getting them and they aren't on my account at all? Are they still doing them as part of a "Free Preview" or something?

2. May 6, 2020 #2 of 22
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I think they are free to certain people right now if not everyone depending on your package. Just like they have had free previews of different premiums for over a month now.

I wouldn’t worry about it one bit.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  3. May 6, 2020 #3 of 22
    Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Thanks

Dishdude714 likes this.
  4. May 6, 2020 #4 of 22
    codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Movies Extra Pack started midnight March 21st for me, and has been on ever since. This should be the norm as I’m a Premier sub, which supposedly should include all those types of channels. I know ATT thinks otherwise, but I’m always hoping things will change for the better.

5. May 6, 2020 #5 of 22
    bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    We've been subscribed for years....wife loves those Hallmark movies.....we're still being charged though.....enjoy your freebie!!

6. May 6, 2020 #6 of 22
    codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    We used to play the 3 month free activate, deactivate for years, until ATT took over and sank that ship a year later around 2016. Never paid a dime for them, and will not in the future. With having Premier and being charged for the stupid $10 HD Service, they should be free without question.

TJNash and mikeren1 like this.
  7. May 6, 2020 #7 of 22
    CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    They should just give it to DTV customers for free period. UVerseTV doesn’t charge extra for those channels.

Edit - Sorry, didn’t know UverseTV had their own Movies Extra Pack but it has a different name.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  8. May 6, 2020 #8 of 22
    techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    A lot of the channels in the Movie Extra Pack are part of the COVID-19 freeview until May 19th.

U-Verse TV doesn't have a Movies Extra Pack because it has the "HD Premium Tier" which is $7/mo and requires their HD service referred to as "HD Technology Fee" which is $10/mo on standard packages. The All Included variations of the packages include the Technology Fee while all versions of U450 (their version of Premier) also include the HD fee.

Channels included in the HD Premium Tier are: HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Toku, Sony Movie Channel, Smithsonian Channel, Shorts HD, MTV Live, MLB Strike Zone and World Fishing Network.

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is included with U-Family, U300 and above while U-Verse doesn't carry Hallmark Drama at all.

9. May 6, 2020 #9 of 22
    codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    ....And if all DIRECTV subs decided to drop/not pay for Extra Pack, it would likely over time be integrated (at the very minimum) into the Premier tier. Of course that will probably never happen.

Back to my point, as long as I’m on Premier, I will never pay a dime for those few extra channels, nor Epix!

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I'm sure AT&T/DIRECTV will take that under advisement. :rolleyes:

codespy and WestDC like this.
  11. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    They don’t care about either one of us. :cool:

12. PHRoberts

PHRoberts New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    So the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries was apparently part of a free-view that ended last night. My elderly Mother called me this morning to announce that she must have broken the TV. She was watching it last night, and today it said she didn't get it anymore. o_O

Is there an official line-up of what we're supposed to be getting with Choice Xtra Classic? The web site doesn't seem to show it anymore. It seems odd that some channels (like this one) are included in the lower packages, drop out in the middle ones, and then are included again in the top package.

13. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    This is in a Freeview window at the moment, It's still gray but you can see the info banner just above it. This Freeview is on until 09/27/2020.

codespy likes this.
  14. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Thanks- they don’t even have it on the Messages tab on my IRD’s. Zoiks!

15. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    If you love your Mother --$5 a Month always has been NEVER ben part of any tier --Get off you cash and make her happy LOL

16. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    There really isn't a channel lineup for Choice Xtra Classic. Pretty much Choice Xtra Classic has the same channel lineup as the current Xtra package (both never included Hallmark Movies & Mysteries). Here are the differences between Choice Xtra Classic vs. Xtra
    • Choice Xtra Classic has the following channels. Xtra does not.
      • 466 Univision Deportes (Current customers need either the $5/mo DirecTV Deportes add-on, Ultimate or above or Optimo Mas or above)
    • Xtra has the following channels. Choice Xtra Classic does not. (Pro Tip: Some subscribers of Choice Xtra Classic may have some of these channels because DirecTV may add them on as complimentary services that do not show up on your bill. These complimentary services can stay on an account for years before being automatically removed by their systems.)
      • AWE (A Wealth of Entertainment), BBC World News, CNN International, FM HD, Nick Jr., Olympic Channel)
    If you mother doesn't like sports and would rather not pay a Regional Sports Fee she can call in and get Preferred Xtra which is the same monthly rate as Choice Xtra Classic but without most of the sports. Preferred Xtra's channel lineup is similar to the current Xtra packages with the following differences.
    • Channels included in Preferred Xtra that are absent from Xtra & Choice Xtra Classic: Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
    • Entertainment Channels Xtra has that are absent from Preferred Xtra: CNN International, FM HD, Nick Jr.
    • Sports Channels included with Preferred Xtra: ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network, MAV TV, Pursuit
    • Sports Channels included with Xtra but not included with Preferred Xtra (this is why Preferred Xtra does not have a Regional Sports Fee): ACC Network, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPNews, ESPNU, Fox Sports 2, Golf Channel, Local Regional Sports Networks, MLB Network, NBA TV, NFL Network, NHL Network, SEC Network, Sportsman Channel, Tennis Channel [Pro Tip: Existing customers who already have Preferred Xtra may receive some of these sports channels as complimentary services. See first Pro Tip above for more info.)
    Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is an odd-ball. It is available in the Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra & Premier tiers.

Ovation is not available in Choice but available in Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra, Xtra, Ultimate & Premier tiers.

17. barnabas

barnabas Cool Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Is it just me but I can’t record any of the channels only 570 smthhd and hmmd on 565 are are lit up in the guide the rest show as no subscriptions

18. barnabas

barnabas Cool Member

Apr 4, 2008
    This is big if they do the free preViews like this keeping them gray evidently keeps the customer from recording programs/movies wow

19. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I have recorded a lot of programs during this Freeview, just hit record and then it will ask if you want to schedule anyways. Hit yes and it will record.

20. barnabas

barnabas Cool Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Yeah it recorded heaven can’t wait on 566 but the movie before that drowning pool it said this program is not available to record maybe a glitch