Moving Files Around - Part 2

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ggulch, Apr 8, 2011.

1. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    So over the past couple of weeks I've managed to accomplish what I wanted to do, primarily group series episodes together on one of three EHDs.

However I have one file that refuses to be archived from HD in the 622 that I've been using to do this to an EHD. I've tried to move it to all three EHDs, hard reset the 622 and restarted the EHDs from cold.

The kicker is that the program behaves fine as far as playback on the 622 is concerned. No stuttering, pixelating, slipping, etc. It behaves just fine except when I select it (by itself or grouped with other files) then click on ARCHIVE. The "Time to completion" (or whatever it's called) pops up and is immediately replaced by the DONE pop up. Strange.

Not a huge deal, but now I'm intrigued by the issue. Thought I throw it out to the group before seeing I can delete the file.

Thanks again,
    Ron

2. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I have had that happen. I found the program DID copy, but also got left on the DVR. Are you sure it didn't get copied, but was also left on the DVR?

3. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Don't see how. This is a 64 minute HD program, probably 3 gig plus. There's no way that big a file is going to copy instantly. It's a Warehouse 13 episode from Season 1 and I'll probably buy the DVDs anyway.