Moving Genie Mini to another room

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dave Fuller, Oct 12, 2019 at 6:21 PM.

1. Dave Fuller

Dave Fuller New Member

Saturday
    I currently have a Genie H34 /700 in my Family room and a Genie Mini C31-700 up in my office. The office configuration has a SWM 1-2 spliter with one output going to the C31 and the other to a DECA to Ethernet adapter. I want to move the C31 to another room. However when I move the C31 to a coax connection in the other room it won't connect. Am I missing something?

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Did you move the coax on the splitter also?

3. Dave Fuller

Dave Fuller New Member

Saturday
    Initially I moved the coax from the splitter to C31; leaving the splitter and coax to the DECA to Ethernet adapter in place. Didn't work. Removed the splitter and went directly from the DECA to the wall. No difference.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Is the new location coax connected to the satellite dish? Track the cable from the satellite and see how it was routed to the current (operating) location of the C31.

As an example, my coax from my satellite runs to the box outside my house where the various rooms in the house are wired for with cable outlets ('home runs'). There is a splitter there that feeds various rooms in our house.

5. Dave Fuller

Dave Fuller New Member

Saturday
    There is a splitter outside which splits one run to the H34 on the far side of the house (this was added when DTV was first installed) and the other run going into the house. How the house run it done is unclear as run is (as best I can tell) all hidden behind walls. I've tried looking for a distribution location but have never been able to find one.

6. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Your going to have to trace these runs down. The rooms must be on the same splitter network

7. Dave Fuller

Dave Fuller New Member

Saturday
    So I went outside and was able to figure it out. The cables runs from 4 of the 5 originally run to the house were cut outside where the Satellite splitter was. The new run to the far side of the house and the office are on the 1-2 splitter from the dish. Looks like I'll need to invest in a RG6 stripper, a crimper, a box (why the hell they didn't put everything in a box is just asinine), and a 1 - 8 splitter.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL