Moving on

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Simplylinked, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Simplylinked

Simplylinked New Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Just wanted to drop a note to thank all the contributors of this forum and others for your help over the years. While I have had little to contribute I have read this forum weekly. We became Echostar customers in 1996~ and we have finialy decided to call it quits. When we lived in the sticks we only had two real choices and we first picked Echostar and I believe the Americas top 30 (40) package with a 4000 and 3000 receiver. It was great. To this day I believe that Dish has the best customer experience of any service. Lately our hopper1s have been giving us fits and not working correctly. Upon asking dish for an upgrade to a hopper3 I was told only if I pay. So we now live where high speed internet is fast and cheep. I always enjoyed the the Charlie chats and tech chats far more than the infomercials. You got to see into the company and to know they care and are human. Today I have my antenna w Tablo DVR, and a couple of streaming services and saving about $100 per month. Our Dish service is on hold for about 60 more days but one of our two hoppers have totally failed now and it is time to move on.

Thanks again all! I wish you all well.

2. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Wow! Great customer retention effort. Like you I've been a DISH customer since 1995 or 1996. I haven't asked about H3 because I have two H2s which I'm happy with. But if I had a failing receiver and wanted to upgrade I would be pretty irritated if I got the response you did. Hope your new services work out for you.