1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jrcobb, May 18, 2012.

1. jrcobb

jrcobb Cool Member

Feb 20, 2009
    My son is being stationed in Hawaii from texas, He currently has DTV
    My other son is going to be renting his house and has never had DTV
    Should son 1 cancel his DTV and become a new customer in Hawaii
    and will DTV consider son 2 a new customer after moving in??

I have heard that DTV is being horsey on new customers

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    No clue what you mean by horsey but I'll answer your questions.

Your son needs to move his services with him and your other son needs to setup an account on his own. Make he does it through the referal system to save more money. www.directv.com/refer

If son 1 cancels the service he won't be a new customer and could end up costing him money to do things.

3. jrcobb

jrcobb Cool Member

Feb 20, 2009
    DTV is offering HR34 for $99.00 to new customers and He was hoping to get that deal in Hawaii

4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008

He won't be a new customer so just have him call and see what, if any, specials he qualifies for with moving. He can call the movers department and they can go over everything with him.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    He would have to cancel and wait quite a while, I've heard up to a year, before being considered a new customer again.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yeah, the best option is to use Mover's Connection for the son moving to Hawaii. When using Mover's they will usually have special offers since if they can get you to get a new/additional receiver, they will lock you into a commitment again. The son moving in would get a new account. If the house in Texas dos not have a SWM setup, depending on what the new account is set up with, that house might get an upgrade. Also, as suggested, I would have the second son sign up via the referral program.

- Merg

7. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    I just got the HR34 for $99 using the mover's connection. It was hooked up last Sunday. He should call to see what deals are available to him.