1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving... what to expect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hoopsrgreat, Dec 19, 2012.

1. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat Legend

Sep 4, 2006
    I have had DTV since 1998. I have currently 3 HD DVRs in the house, NFL ticket, nba league pass, never late on payments.

Im buying a considerably larger house and moving int eh next 7-10 days (if all goes well).

I will need to have 2 additional receivers and i want the whole home DVR (which I believe they are giving away at the moment).

What will i expect from DTv to make this witch. Can i expect this to be free? i have had NO new equipment for probably 2-3 years.

2. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I had a move about 3 weeks ago, been with DirecTV since '08 and had sports packages but not at the amount you do. I had a "free" move, a Genie installed, two clients, and kept my 2 HD DVRs. I was also offered/given HBO/Cinemax and the last 3 weeks of NFL Sunday Ticket.

3. dielray

dielray Legend

Aug 5, 2009
    You should be able to get whole home for free. You'd have to call in to see if you could get the 2 additional for free, but in general movers offers tend to be the best offers an existing customer can get.

DirecTV's official page: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/movers

When you move your service you'll want to be sure to have EVERY TV, receiver, remote, and power cord there. If you're interested in having your system connected to the internet, you'll want to be sure the internet is installed before DirecTV.