1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV Disconnect Problem. Picture Attached

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mikeap, Jan 11, 2012.

1. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    I have 4 HR24s, all use DECA for internet, the Deca broadband adapter is connected to my router.
    This message you see attached has happened with other boxes as well so I don't think it's JUST a bad Living Room Box.

Could this be one of those issues I read about where I need to go with Manual IP addresses for the boxes, or any other thoughts on how I could keep this from reoccurring.

For those who can't see the error message in my attachment, it says "Family Room has been disconnected from your home network. This program can no longer be viewed".

Attached Files:

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Nice screen shot.

3. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    Yeah, that's where Directv decided to crap out on me. Nothing I can do about it. Any ideas how to stop this from happening?

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Have you run the DECA tests?

5. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    No I haven't, can you tell me what that is and how to do it?

6. larry55

larry55 Legend

Jun 3, 2010
    do a re set on all of your receivers

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Hit Guide and the right arrow. There are a coupld of tests to run. Report back your numbers.

8. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    I'm a bit lost. For the guy who said reset all my receivers, do you mean the Red Button Reset?

For the suggestion of hitting guide and the right arrow, is that just going to bring up the guide and move me 30 mins to the right?

9. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Sorry, on the front of the receiver, not the remote. Might take a couple of tries. Hit them simultaneously.

10. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    Any thoughts on if perhaps the DHCP issue I read about on a sticky post could be the issue here? Should I set each box to a Static IP? Could it help? Couldn't hurt, right?

11. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    There could be several things, but you haven't given enough information to know much.
    What is your DECA networking status?
    I use DECA, and DHCP and don't have this problem.

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I get that message when I'm watching a recording from a DVR that starts to reset itself.

13. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Could be when his router is renewing its lease for that dvr too, could it not vos? I see that once in a while at 2am. Not often enough to care though.

14. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Yes, DHCP lease times have caused some problems, but not all the time, or at least for everyone.