1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV over home network freezing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Whipl50, Dec 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Whipl50

Whipl50 Cool Member

Jan 10, 2004
    I've had the MRV over my ethernet network setup for about 2 months. The last couple of days when I stream a program from one room to the other, the program will freeze. If I switch to another program, and switch back, most times it will continue from where it left off. I thought maybe my connections were bad as I had run a home run for the DVR's back when I had DirecTivos, but I wired up jacks on both ends and patch cables, and it's still having the same issue. The DVR's are connected via a gigabit switch that runs into my router.

Both DVR's are assigned static ip addresses, and DNS is pointing to the router. TV apps and everything else seems to work fine, I downloaded a bunch of concerts the other day to one of the DVR's. Both DVR's show that whole house is enabled, and they see the other DVR. They've both been reset, and it's still happening.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Have you tried resetting your router as well?

- Merg

3. Whipl50

Whipl50 Cool Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Yeah, reset all routers and switches yesterday.

4. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    What IP addresses are assinged in the networking section of each DVR.

5. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    All routers? Do you have more than one?

6. Whipl50

Whipl50 Cool Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Yes, and no. I have an older router that I'm only using as a switch. One DVR is assigned 192.168.1.121, the other is assigned 192.168.1.125. I just tried streaming a show again, and if I wait long enough after the freeze, I will get the message that I've been disconnected. The first time I tried I got a new message tonight, "The server did not send any audio/video packets" or something very similar.

I hate issues like this. If it never worked, I can understand that, but when it works and then stops, that's irritating.

7. Whipl50

Whipl50 Cool Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Just restored defaults to one of my DVR's, and let it grab a DHCP assigned address. It's been streaming for about 5 minutes without any issues.

Not sure why it didn't like my static address, but whatever.:confused:

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    The only time I've seen something like this happen is when someone assigns a static ip within the range they have setup for DHCP as well and the router gets confused.

9. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    Are those addresses used by another device on the network? What is your DHCP pool range?

10. Whipl50

Whipl50 Cool Member

Jan 10, 2004
    My DHCP scope starts at 150. I keep all of my static IP's at 130 or below for the most part, not that I have that many. Networking equipment, 1-10,all servers 100-110, equipment like DVR's, etc have always been 120-130, and then the DHCP scope.

Dunno why it quit working, but I watched the entire show without issues. I'll keep it like this if it continues to work. :D Thanks for the ideas though.