1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV stopped working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ajiuO, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ajiuO

ajiuO Legend

Jun 17, 2006
    it worked fin up untill about a week ago.

I have both an HR20 and HR24.

They are both connecting to the internet, they both get on demand, but both say they cant find any other receivers.

Both receivers use to show up on my PS3... now the HR24 is not showing up... so im guessing that is where the problem is.

I have tried a reset and have tried doing a network setup on both units.

they are connected via eithernet

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Reset your router and and then run Network Setup again on the receivers. That's the first thing to try. Let us know what happens.

- Merg

3. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    This is what happened to me last week Merg.
    Interesting

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Another thing to do is set the DVRs up with Static IP's or DHCP reservations so that they have the same IP all the time.

5. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    With FiOS it's not an option for me to do $tatic. I am interested in learning more about DHCP reservations. How do I make this happen?:confused:

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    With my Linksys, I can tell it to only provide 20 DHCP addresses, and start those addresses at 100, hence, 192.168.1.100 thru 192.168.1.119 would be reserved for DHCP, any numbers higher can safely be used for static.

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I was going to get to that... :)

We're not referring to have a static IP address with FIOS. Your router should allow you to set reserved DHCP IP addresses within your home network or you can assign a static IP address via the receivers themselves.

Sorry, but that is not a reserved DHCP address. A reserved DHCP address is very similar to a static IP address. The difference is that you tell the router that it should assign an IP address to a device using DHCP, but that you want it to be the same IP address everytime. This is done by specifying the MAC address of the device along with the IP address to use.

With a static IP address, you tell the device what IP address it should be using.

- Merg

8. E91

E91 Godfather

Oct 7, 2008
    The static IP address shouldn't have anything to do with Fios. What you do is find the range of addresses assigned via DHCP on your router, and then go to the networks screen on your DVR and give it a IP address outside that range.

9. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Not static for FiOs, static within your own network. Your Internet connection would have nothing to do with it.

10. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    That's not a DHCP Reservation, that's just setting the size of your DHCP pool. Each device could still get a different IP each time.

11. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Beat ya to it! :lol:

12. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Beat ya to it! :lol:

- Merg

13. dsm

dsm Godfather

Jul 11, 2004
    My 3-dvr mrv setup has gotten hosed a couple of times. Each time to fix it I have to pull the plug on the internet DECA for a few seconds and then it clears up. Does this sound like the non-static IP problem?

I also have been having the problems some others have reported where the GUI starts to lag badly, but for me that seems to coincide somehow with background recordings, double-play and recovering after a long pause. I haven't isolated it yet.

steve

14. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes