1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV Whole Home - Missing Playlists on 2 of 6 DVR's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vfz, Jun 16, 2012.

1. vfz

vfz Cool Member

Jun 12, 2012
    MRV RUNNING FOR 4 days fine. 10 receivers sharing, 6 are DVR's. DECA INSTALLED. INTERNET WORKING. I RESET RECEIVERS, no fix.

four of the six receivers see ALL playlists on ALL receivers. DVR 1 has a large playlist but when you go to list playlists, there is nothing, it is sharing properly allowing access to all. If you go to DVR 2, same thing. But if you go to DVR's 3-6, or HD Receivers 1-4, they see all programming recorded on DVR's 1 and 2 and everywhere else.

I reset DVR's 1 & 2, but still the same. Status shows all 6 DVR's on ALL receivers, even the ones with the missing playlists screens.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

2. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Check Your playlist options (Yellow button) The playlists for DVR 1 and 2 may be set to "Local Playlist".

3. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    If that isn't the case then do a "reset" on those 2 units.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    OP stated that they already reset the two problem DVRs.

- Merg

5. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I'd reset everything:
    Power down the DVRs, the Router, the Switches, etc.
    Then repower the Router, then the switches (if you have any) and then the DVRs.

These are computers - think like a PC tech :)

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    If that's the case, you can even look at powering down the PI's as well. They should be the last thing powered down (unplugged) and the first thing powered back up (although you can wait to do the CCK's PI until after the router is powered up).

- Merg

7. vfz

vfz Cool Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Update.
    My wife's "reset" was from the menu's and not the red buttons. I assumed it was with the red button until I walked through it. I reset both units by the red button, and the play lists were re-built. I presume there is a hard reset and a soft reset...

regardless, I hope this isn't something that happens a lot. Reset's take several minutes and are a pain.

8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    It's been said that a menu re-set is the same as a red button reset (RBR), only gentler. Though in fact, the RBR may do more as indicated, or it was the fact it was a second reset, or done at the right time...

They can take a bit, and not often required. I periodically reset just before bedtime.

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. You should perform a reset via the menu and not via the red button, if at all possible. The menu reset allows the receiver to shut-down processes and perform necessary clean-up prior to the reboot.

- Merg

10. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    We do need to disprove any myth about the red button reset being of some use other than when you can't use the menu to reset the DVR.

"Now there is..." a case where removing power [pulling power cord] can do things that a [any] reset doesn't seem to clear.
    Should you need/want to try this, start with the menu reset and before the power comes back on, remove the cord and give it 5-10 mins before plugging it back in.