1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV Working in Trial without DECA, DTV will not re-activate

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by static2229, May 29, 2010.

1. static2229

static2229 Mentor

Dec 17, 2006
    I have recently purchased everything needed to setup MRV with my (3) HR20-700 receivers. I had this setup up and running perfectly (2) receivers wirelessly with Apple Airports and (1) receiver hard-wired to the Apple router. Everything worked flawlessly, no jitters on SD or HD, even wireless to wireless.

The trial period has expired and when calling DTV to activate this for the $3/month charge they refused in saying that I did not have a SWIM setup or a DECA. I informed them that I do in-fact have a SWIM setup, but I do not have a DECA. They still refused to activate things.

My question is this, do I need to purchase (3) DECA pieces or can I simply call them and tell them I have the DECAs in place so that they will turn the option on?

Let me know thoughts and suggestions.

2. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
  3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Absolutely not. See Doug's sticky post at the top of this forum. Best to send an email to DirecTV Support rather than call them. Only issue might be if you have an older programming package.