MSNBC 11th Hour, Friday

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by AntAltMike, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Jul 6, 2019 #1 of 17
    AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Last night, Brian Williams was doing a boffo show when he got bumped for live earthquake coverage. I tuned in at 2:00 AM for the first scheduled rebroadcast, but that hour actually opened with earthquake coverage, so I assumed that the show was not being rebroadcast at all, and I now see that while the four shows that precede his on Friday are rebroadcast Saturday evening, his is not.

I am hoping that when MSNBC had switched away to earthquake coverage, that they continued to produce the live show in the studio. Does anyone know if there is any place from which I can stream the Friday, June 5th 11th Hour with Brian Williams? I see on the MSNBC website that they make transcripts available four days after they are broadcast.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. Jul 6, 2019 #2 of 17
    the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    The scheduled show at 11 was nothing but a canned show that was taped in advance. I started to watch and then deleted it. Same for the Nicolle Wallace show at 4 and the shows that followed. They were designed to look like live shows, but it was obvious they were taped in advance so the hosts could take the night off.

3. Jul 6, 2019 #3 of 17
    AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    The portion I saw was a very well organized refutation of Barr's characterization of Mueller's report, and if they continued as they were proceeding, it will be very useful to me.

4. Jul 6, 2019 #4 of 17
    ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    That's what it was advertised to be for Friday. I am sure it will re-air at another time. I got the same for my recordings. Have you tried the app? I never fiddle with it, but they always say that all episodes are on there.

5. Jul 6, 2019 #5 of 17
    AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...

I checked the hourly schedule for the next week, and it is not scheduled to be rebroadcast

I don't even know what an "app" is. I bought the cellphone with a dial on it.

Recording the time block that carried the July 5th show at 11 PM and its first scheduled rebroadcast on Saturday July 6th at 2:00 AM would have gotten me the content that I hope to see.

6. Jul 6, 2019 #6 of 17
    ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    That time block is when I would check. Also try Saturday, July 13 since Mueller's big show is the Wednesday after. I have noticed that The 11th Hour is NOT one of the shows they have on-demand so that is out.

7. Jul 6, 2019 #7 of 17
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I checked the MSNBC APP and the Friday show is out there now.

8. Jul 6, 2019 #8 of 17
    AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I see that. They changed the 11 PM programming from what I read on their schedule page a few hours ago. I am watching the Friday 11th Hour programming as I type this. I sure hope that they show it in its unadulterated form instead of exactly as it was actually broadcast, including the earthquake coverage.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  9. Jul 6, 2019 #9 of 17
    JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I agree, the 7/5 episode was especially informative. I watch Brian Williams every evening from my DVR.

The beauty of cable programming is that you can find just about everything as a streaming option within 24-48 hours of the original air date. For the 11th Hour, I see it available for downloading from DirecTV On-Demand, as well as using the MSNBC app on my iPad. Nice to know the shows are available if I miss one.

10. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Where do you see this show on-demand? I only see some of the MSNBC shows available.

11. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    A few days ago, a neighbor who I had done some favors for came by and insisted that I let him hook up some kind of "stick" that got me access to every TV program that has ever been made and every one that ever will be made. Something like that. I have no idea what it was.

I'd been too busy to even click it on, but yesterday, he was putting the moves on some babe, and I guess that, in addition to cocaine, he needed to give her a magic stick to "seal the deal", so to speak, so he took it back.

12. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Incorrect. On tonight's rebroadcast, Brian Williams just thanked his final guest for making himself available at 5:54 AM in Vienna, Austria, meaning it had been live.

And as I am typing this, Williams just spoke of something I could do to make sure I never miss his show, which is surely whatever the "app" thing is that has been brought up here.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  13. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I used the DirecTV app on my iPad and searched for “11th hour”, and was able to record it. I don’t see it on channel 1356, which seems strange.

14. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Roku and Amazon Fire TV are sold as "sticks":
    "Roku Streaming Stick" "Enjoy 2,000+ channels with the most movies, TV episodes, music, news, sports, kids" shows and free programming of any streaming player all in up to 1080p*."
    "Amazon - Fire TV Stick" "Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus browse millions of websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit using Firefox or Silk. Just plug Fire TV Stick into your HDTV and start streaming in minutes."

There are other "TV Sticks" on the market ... most are simple OTA tuners promising over 100 channels for free (after buying the device). One of those is selling two sticks for $19.95! The ones promoting thousands of channels usually involve streaming.

15. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    I only watched the first couple of minutes of Brian Williams, but it was obvious they weren't going to be covering news of the day, so I assumed it was another taped show. All of the late afternoon and evening shows on Friday were missing the "Live" graphic on the screen and they were talking about topics that didn't pertain to that day's news. It was obvious they were pre-recorded.

16. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    It could be that they just collared that last guest for a live segment at the end, though you'd think that top dollar "talent" like Williams would be at Newport of somewhere on the Friday of Fourth of July weekend.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  17. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Paperclips work, too.