1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTN: Mountain West TV: No news is bad news

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Earl Bonovich, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Mountain West TV: No news is bad news
    Source: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4546131?source=rss

See Source Link for Rest of the story

2. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Telling quote: "This summer, Comcast entered the picture, becoming half-owner and operator with CSTV of The Mountain network in a new 10-year plan worth $120 million"

3. richardeholder

richardeholder Cool Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Of course, I have the option of watching a live PPV broadcast over the internet, for $15-20 a pop, or pay a similar amount for a 1 day package from DirecTV. Not being a devoted fan of either team, I've found other things to do during those times. Guess I and other satellite subscribers are lost customers for those advertisers.

4. GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV Godfather

Jan 1, 2006
    Yep, the $20 internet pay-per-views are ridiculous. How long can this debacle of a television contract go on before some schools move to withdraw from the MWC?

5. Reggie3

Reggie3 DBSTalk Club Member

Feb 20, 2006
    It is interesting that Air Force supported this network with the idea that they would not have to play Thursday night games - as it is extremely hard for the cadets to do this. Yet they still had to play on Thursday with the new network.

6. jutley

jutley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    What a joke this whole thing is. I don't even have the option of Comcast in my subdivision so I can't have "The Mountain" even if I was willing to try cable.

I hope a resolution is reached sooner than later, but I won't hold my breath!

:mad: :mad: :mad: