1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mtv hits, mtv jams, mtv u, vh1 soul and cmt pure country

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mkdtv21, Dec 12, 2012.

1. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
    I'm not sure if I'm breaking the programming forum rules by posting this but since these channels aren't available on Directv at all I would like to ask this question.
    Since Directv will never add them in sd do you think once MTV networks starts broadcasting these channels in hd will Directv add them in HD?

2. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    NO

3. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    I doubt they have any plans to switch them to HD anytime soon. Although that hasn't stopped Dish Network from putting Logo and Centric on their HD tier even though Viacom still hasn't uplinked an HD feed for them and doesn't even list their HD feeds as even existing in the launch forms on their affiliate site...

I wish DirecTV would add them though as people always complain that MTV doesn't air music videos anymore, completely ignoring their dedicated music video stations.

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I get all of those on Xfinity, but none are in HD currently (at least on my cable system). I seriously doubt DirecTv will add any additional SD channels, unless its just really popular, or a public service channel that actually pays Directv for carriage.

5. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Oh evil Comcast and their extra channels. Recently saw the new GUI they are offering and thought it was pretty nice... Pretty nice looking HD as well.

I have and enjoy the above offerings through Fios.

6. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    I agree about MTV. They only show fake and staged reality shows that are frequented by 14 year old Beiber fans who believe any friggin' thing. And how about the VMA's, where the Twilight saga runs over the competition solely because MTV produces the show. Ridiculous. I watched the Hurricane Sandy event and loved it because REAL music was playing.

7. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    There roll out plan it sucks and no multi room with it yet also has 6 tuners but only 3 are tuners on.

And there HD line up sucks. NO hd net movies / no hd net / no mgm hd / very poor Premium HD / very poor MLB EI / NHL CI / NBA LP HD. NO big ten alt hd ECT.

8. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    I live in Philly and they tend to get the newest HD channels first(usually). Either way, I'm not returning to Comcast. I also don't see them as being evil in any way. Direct TV doesn't seem to want to offer Philly an RSN so in my mind tend to be the lesser option for local residents. I mean, LA residents get their overpriced, horse **** local sports option but not philadelphia? Fios worked out a price for local Philadelphia sports and Direct TV could as well but still chooses not to. People here would be happy to pay the extra RSN fee to get local Philly teams on D*.

9. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I suspect you might eventually find those channels as on demand only channels on directv, but that would be about it. Possibly sometime in the next year or so, since they did just sign a new agreement this past summer and it takes a while for new stuff to appear after that kind of thing.

10. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    A deal with Fios and a deal with Directv would be massively (read far far more expensive) different.

With that said, I see some say that they don;t have as many linear channels for some of the premiums. Is that true in your area, or do you have all the same channels as Directv? I wouldn't be surprised if you have less linear and yet have all the same programs available via on demand.