1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Choice music video channels?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by zeebre12, Sep 3, 2017.

1. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    What are the Music Choice music video channels? I saw a video on Youtube about the new Music Choice with audio and music video channels on RCN. Are the music video channels proper linear music video channels like the old MTV? On demand? Do you need internet or what really are they?

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Music Choice on D* is called Sonic Starts at Channel 800 -Music Video Like the OLD MTV is Channel 336 (SD) - Not many Commercials and All Videos all day

3. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
  4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for:

Get a bit of edge with FM, the multi-platform network for music lovers. Exclusively in HD* for the ultimate experience, FM on Ch. 386 is a space for diverse acts and fans to connect, contribute, and celebrate all that is music. Available with the XTRA Base Package and above, upgrade today and get front row seats for the future of music.

5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Music Choice and Sonictap (not Sonic) are two separate music services.

Music Choice supplies music to many cable systems. It used to be carried by DIRECTV, but they switched to Sonictap a number of years ago. Speculation here on the boards was that it was because Sonictap offered a cheaper service.

Sonictap is a service of Mood, which supplies stores with music and other services. As far as I've been able to discover, the Sonictap name is applied only to the service provided to DIRECTV. It is audio only.

6. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    Nobody seems to understand what I'm asking. On Verizon what are the music 'video' channels from channels 1875 to 1899. For example 'Music Choice Kids' only is on channel 1832 and 'Music Choice Kids Only Video' is on channel 1892? Is this a proper linear music video channel or what ate channels 1875 to 1899? Are they just links to the app? On Demand?

7. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I think the confusion is because you posted this in Satellite Discussion when it should have been in Cable TV Discussion

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    :thumbsup:

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    They're not actual linear channels, it's basically a curated playlist of music videos that play automatically via VOD, similar to the VidZone app that's on PlayStation and some smart TVs.