1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Choice

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TheRatPatrol, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was over at my friends house the other night and they has Cox cable. I noticed that their Music Choice channels are much better than ours on D* (well mine anyways) Theirs has a better "background" (is that what they call it?) and displays the song title, artist, song info, picture of the album cover, information about the aritsist and song, and the picture never goes off. They also have the Music Choice channels in numerical order.

So I was wondering, do these channels come from Music Choice themselves, or is this just a Cox cable thing? If not, why can't D* get these feeds from Music Choice and allow us to have the same "background" info also?

Thanks!

2. Bowtieman

Bowtieman Legend

Aug 12, 2003
    Good point. I have had Dish and now Direct and both of them are extremely weak on the Music channels. I would like see an ablum cover in the background while the song is playing. Along with information about the artist and possible new albums coming down the pike. Anything will beat the way it is now.

It looks like both of them just like to tell people they have "X" amount of channels and most of the time the possible new subs don't know that 40-50 of them are boring expressionless Music channels.

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I know on DirecTV that if you have Wink Interactive service then all that stuff appears like album cover and so on. I think the same is for DISH if you have their interactive service.

Of course Wink is being shut off on DirecTV because they could not come to a renewal agreement and they will roll out new interactive services sometime next year.

4. genemcd

genemcd New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    We have just changed over from Comcast digital to DirecTV. I have been a frequent listener of Music Choice ever since AT&T switched to Comcast here about a year ago. I was impressed with Music Choice's screens on Comcast and thought that they would carry over to DirecTV. I was surprised that they did not - however - I was amazed at the difference in the quality of the audio signal coming across DirecTV compared to Comcast. If you ask me, on the Music Choice issue alone, I still think I traded up.

5. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I listen to Music Choice much of the time my tv is on and find the sound quality and music selection to be top-notch. I agree, however, that the backgrounds are weak. My UTV's change to a black screen after about fifteen minutes, which I don't like as I like to at least have the title and musician's names on the screen.

6. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    So these channels don't come from Music Choice? I thought they did. It seems to me it would make more sence for them to come from MC rather than having to have special hardware in order to view the special background. Do the cable companys require the special hardware to view them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.