My 2yr pricing ends this Month

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by les.warden, Apr 2, 2020.

1. les.warden

les.warden New Member

May 4, 2018
    So as the title says, it ends this month. I have the 120 lineup and has served well. Can’t get the spouse to go just streaming. Looking for advice on how to re-adjust my pricing. Pacts? Call and beg? Maybe a way to turn off for awhile to try streaming only? Only advice that’s off the table is going to DTV. Been there, never going back.

Thanks in advance.

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    You can put your account on hold, I believe it is still $5 per month. You should be able to drop to the Welcome Pack, through retention dept.

les.warden likes this.
  3. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Only way TO know is call, as each customer's situation is different. I called back this Jan when mine ran out & they put me back on another 2-year price lock promo, no "begging" needed on my part - I simply told them I had no intention of paying full price for my current lineup, but would keep it if I could get another promo. Got it, & (2) FREE SNAPS for my HWS's to boot!
    It probably helps that I've been on AT250 + superstations, as well as on paperless/credit card autopay, since I've had DISH.

les.warden likes this.
  4. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I'm the same way. I have had AT250+Supers+Movie pack for years, so Dish can make more profit, so they can offer a better deal. I love what I have, so I have not changed in years. They gave me another deal last year for 2 years. It helps I am also 71. But all I had to do is ask. They were very nice to help.

les.warden likes this.
  5. Rosthol

Rosthol Member

Jan 23, 2020
    I have been on the Top 250 as well.

For 13 years.

I had a forty dollar credit and it ended a couple of months ago.

It has been like pulling teeth to get them to do it again.

They want to move me to a lower tier with only ten dollars less than full price. So fewer channels and a MUCH higher price.

Centurylink has a promotion with them now and I have been a Centurylink and Dish customer for thirteen years.

They say only new customers.

What gives?

les.warden likes this.
  6. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    They tried to talk me into dropping the Super Stations to lower my bill, but I said I want the package the same, so they took $20 off a month, now $25 since the rate increase. But with the loss of subscribers, I wonder how long Dish will be able to give discounts? But as time goes on, High Speed Internet becomes more available and streaming has improved. So in a year or two, things may be different.

les.warden likes this.
  7. Rosthol

Rosthol Member

Jan 23, 2020
    How will things be different?

8. ericknolls

ericknolls Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    I'm with DIRECTV - My credits ended months ago. I called to see if I could get more credits . The rep looked on the computer and said there weren't any. My bill is really high and I haven't had the nerve to call Verizon FiOS yet. My main reason for not really leaving is because I get a lot of local channels here in the Hudson Valley - a mix from NY, Long Island, upstate, and a few from NJ.

9. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Top 250 as well. [ for entire time of 12 years]
    I asked for "new customer promo" and got it, but first I had to go through the "lower package" sing song and some foot dragging.
    Couple years later I asked again, but was told it is only offered ONCE for a second time. So I looked at the contract for the second new customer promo, and YES there it was. No more than a second promo will be honored.
    So I asked for a long term customer discount and got a SMALL one [ mwdxer, how did you manage 20$ PLUS the 5$ for a rate increase? how long with dish?]

Anyway, 40$ credit is pretty hefty and probably the reason you aren't eligible now. Dish keeps track, so I've been told.