1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My CenturyLink Install

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Canis Lupus, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    A classic from today! This was my actual install :lol:

[YOUTUBE]K--84uA99xk[/YOUTUBE]

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    What's the matter? Can't ya rake & mow around the wire. !rolling

That's just insane. I don't get how people think they can get away with crap like that. Even someone who is tech challenged is gonna have a problem with that. :nono:

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    That video'd prolly go viral on YouTube, Canis! :lol:

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    SOP - they do a quick install like this to get you up and running now, then sometime later (3-5 business days) they'll come back and put in a more permanent install.

Time Warner cable did the same thing when I started cable internet service in November - long cable from the street on the ground to get service up and running on the due date, then they came back with a trencher for the burying.

Centurylink (or their predecessers) also did the same on initial install way back in 1995 when we moved in.

5. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Yeah another guy came out today and said that the original installer had already submitted a dig request. What pissed me off though was that the guy left without telling me that this was temporary. He just bailed :lol:

It was still a fun little video though, as my brother and I had caught a bit of a beer buzz - we were very entertained by the moment :D

6. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    The only problem I see is he should of ran it through the trees to avoid a trip hazzard !rolling

7. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!!! I just love when techs just bail without saying a word!