Missy and I hadn't been home more than ten minutes when she said she smelled something burning. She was standing by the tv. I walked over and could smell something but the smell was very slight. I went back to the couch, looking in the tv stand I saw flames coming up from the Deca unit. Long story short I got the flame out and ever thing unplugged. I'm not going to get into the call into Directv right now but it was a bit frustrating. This was the first they had heard of this happening. Well that was a relief. All I can say is I'm glad Missy and I didn't linger over dinner or who knows what we would have come home to.