1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVR Refuses to Record Craig Ferguson!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by AquiringSat, May 17, 2012.

1. AquiringSat

AquiringSat AllStar

Jan 7, 2012
    My DVR has recorded The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (All Episodes) just fine ever since I got it, Until this week! It recorded Monday's Show, but not Tuesday's or Last Night's. At least I can watch it on CBS.com, But C'Mon Man! I deleted the series record, and then re-did it, so hopefully that fixes it.

2. sd72667

sd72667 AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Did you try to reboot the receiver? Did you try a refresh on the Directv website?

3. yall2

yall2 Mentor

Dec 5, 2010
    You can also set the max number of episodes. Maybe you have reached the cutoff u have it set at?

4. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    You must have a Smart dvr. :hurah:

5. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Did Craig upset your DVR ???

6. FLWingNut

FLWingNut Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    Is your SL set to first run only? Maybe they were reruns.

7. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    No, this week they're showing new ones that were done in Scotland a couple of weeks ago.

8. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Blame Geoff

9. VideoDog

VideoDog Cool Member

May 1, 2012
    What does it say in your recording history?

I also have a problem with a recording yesterday. A couple of days ago I set up a recording for the Padres vs. Dodgers baseball game yesterday. However, it was not in my play list when I looked for it last night.

I went to the recording history and found a weird message: "This showing was canceled because of a programming update. (13)" I know the game was on--so what gives? Anyone have a clue? The game was on channel 694-1 FoxSports San Diego HD.

BTW, this happened on an HR34 HD-DVR.

10. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    I'd call that a feature.

11. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Craig is one of the better late night hosts IMO. He is my favorite after Letterman.

12. prozone1

prozone1 AllStar

Sep 22, 2007
    What does it say in your recording history?

I also have a problem with a recording yesterday. A couple of days ago I set up a recording for the Padres vs. Dodgers baseball game yesterday. However, it was not in my play list when I looked for it last night.

I went to the recording history and found a weird message: "This showing was canceled because of a programming update. (13)" I know the game was on--so what gives? Anyone have a clue? The game was on channel 694-1 FoxSports San Diego HD.

This happens to me when recording Orioles games once in a while I would like to know why it would cancel a recording because of a programming update. (13)

13. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey Legend

Sep 5, 2011
    Craig is the best of the latenight guys, by far. This is a serious issue and I hope you get it resolved quickly! Also, I bet if you send him an email about this he will deal with it on the air.

14. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    This seems to be a randomly recurring issue with the HR34. You may want to do a MENU RESTART, not red button restart, and it should clear it up (until it happens again :)). The menu restart will clear and rebuild your guide data so if you have any upcoming recordings over the next 24 hrs you may want to manually add them. If the first menu restart doesn't clear the guide data do a 2nd one within 30 minutes or so of the first. If you look at your guide you will know it is cleared because nothing will be listed after the first 12-24 hrs.

It has only happened to me one time a few months ago but others seem to have it more often.

15. taz291819

taz291819 Godfather

Oct 18, 2006
    LOL, I bet you're right.