My Genie DVR Doesn't Record Scheduled Programs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by slovell, Jun 7, 2021 at 8:35 PM.

1. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    I've been having this problem for a couple of months now. I'll have a program scheduled to record in the guide and it doesn't record. For example, I had Formula 1 practice manually scheduled to record Saturday morning, it was showing in the guide as scheduled, checked it five minutes after it was supposed to start, and nothing. Even though the guide showed that the dvr was recording it, in reality it wasn't. It's not a rare thing as it does this sometimes every day on different channels with programs that are set manually or set for the series first run episodes only. I've tried rebooting then rebooting again within a half hour of the first reboot and nothing helps. This is getting really old really quick. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

2. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Do a ‘clearmybox’ to help your situation instead of just plain reboots. It works for me and works for others, and it’s been discussed in several other threads too. You should see results once the guide data reloads and plugins are reinstalled.

dtv757 likes this.
  3. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    Did the clearmybox last night. We'll see if it helps, hope so.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Is that a "LIVE" Broadcast --or a repeat Broadcast? if so do you have in the series manger (SET) to ALL or first run? ALL should pick up everything

5. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    Live. I've set it up bothways, All and First Run, didn't make any difference. I'm hoping the clearmybox procedure I ran last night helps.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    It was just a suggestion --that you have proven makes no difference --it may also be a Guide information issue which D*TV does not control any guide info as it provided by a third party

jimmie57 and slovell like this.
  7. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    I had no idea DTV doesn't control the guide info. Learn something every day. Thanks for your help.
    Sam

WestDC likes this.
  8. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Late to this thread but...Saturdays Practice 3 was not recorded for me either, just Qually. I searched Friday night and did not see it in the guide for Sat AM. Previous Practice 3's were recorded as best as I can remember.
    Side note....WHAT A FINISH!!!

slovell likes this.
  9. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    This is the only practice this season that hasn't recorded for me. It was on the guide here and showed as scheduled to record when I went to bed late Thursday night. I woke up around 7:00 am and nothing was recording and it was gone from the guide. I don't have a clue what happened to it but we,ve been getting dropped recordings for a couple of months now. I manually set the guide to record Seth Meyers at 12:15 one night, checked it at 12:45 and nothing. It was showing up in the guide as recording but in reality it wasn't. the red R symbol was lit up in the guide but it wasn't recording anything. I've seen this same scenario several times lately. Frustrating to say the least.
    It was a crazy finish. Nice to see Vettel get a good finish for a change. Perez deserved the win he drove the wheels off the car. I guess Hamilton just had some sort of brain fade and forgot to switch off the brake software for heating them up. It's going to be an interesting season.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:35 PM
  10. astrohip

astrohip Cool Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Please post if this helps. I have the same problem. It will even show that it is recording, both in the guide and in the Recorded list. But there is nothing there.

It's hit & miss, does it for a few shows, but 95% work fine. But that 5% it misses... grrrr :mad::mad:

slovell likes this.