Did my install today and had a little bit of a snag with it. All is up and running now, but it wasn't without it's hiccups. When I first had DirecTV installed, years ago, I just let the installer do what installers do. I had 2 receivers, 1 in the LR, 1 in the bedroom, and he just ran wires from the dish to those 2 locations (only 1 wire to the BR since it wasn't a DVR at the time). When I added a DVR to the bedroom and a 2nd to the living room, I bought a little sprinkler timer box and ran my multiswitch there, since there was no central wiring of any sort. With this upgrade, I decided to create my own little central wiring space in the laundry room. We've just got a little 2 bedroom place, and this seemed like the best place to run everything, so my SWMline upgrade was also a bit of a pet project for myself. I took a page out of smiddy's book and, instead of reinventing the wheel for my SWMline installation, I reused the AZ/EL mount. And, stealing from Canis Lupis, I went ahead and hooked up the regular slimline LNB first to make sure that I had the dish aligned properly. As it turned out, it needed a little bit of fine tuning after I had the slimline up. Once that was squared away, I replaced the regular LNB with the SWM LNB and got down to the business of hooking the rest of the system up. I wanted to be extra careful connecting my wires, so in my little enclosure, I had the PI, and I preconnected a short jumper to the IRD side so that I wouldn't earn myself a nickname! I had my splitter in there with my runs out to my 3 DVRs. My antenna runs in there to and I'll diplex that in when my diplexers arrive sometime this week. I ran my single wire from the dish to a grounding block and then into my new central enclosure. Hooked that up to the PI and tested the jumper cable, and I got no LF on the test. I went ahead and hooked that up to my splitter and turned on one of the Hr20s. It started up it's boot sequence and when it tried to find the satellite it sat there searching for signal. I disconnected the box and checked the line, and again tested out as having no LF. Back to the jumper placed after the PI, and same thing there, no LF. Basically, I ran into the same problem that Miami1683 ran into in this post: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=123544. I also solved it the same way he did (thanks for the troublshooting, Miami! I only spent about 20 minutes on this problem. After a couple of tests I realized I was running into the same problem you'd had, and solved it the same way. I had a 3 way splitter with 1 leg power passing. I actually only wanted a 2 way but the Home Depot here was out of them, so I had a 3 way. So, to solve the problem, I ran the line from the dish into my 3 way splitter. The power passing leg goes to my PI, which has nothing connected to the IRD output. The other 2 lines go to my 2 locations (BR/LR), and everything is working perfectly (except, of course, my dear old Tivo box which will have to come out of my cabinet in the LR and be retired to the shed with it's brother! I have an R16 on it's way to take that spot in my cabinet). I'm not sure what the deal is with the PI, but putting it on it's own leg of the splitter works fine, and because I'm now got a central location for all my wiring, it wasn't a big deal to change. Had I not taken the time to create a home run, this would have been a huge drag. Had I gone the easy route with my install, I would have put a splitter where my multiswitch was, with one line going to the LR, and one to the bedroom, with the PI going in one of those places just before the receivers. Whichever location had the PI would have needed an extra splitter there to function properly, since nothing after the PI is seeing the SWM properly. With my current setup, the tester shows good at my 2 locations and no LF after the PI. I'll try hooking up after the PI next weekend and see if there's something I was missing today while I was trying to get this all buttoned up... But I really don't think I missed anything. It was only 3:00 or so, and I had plenty of daylight, so I wasn't rushing to get things finished, I took my time and checked (and double and triple checked) all my connections, and everything was in order. I tried unplugging the PI and letting it sit to reset the brains of whatever needed resetting, but still no go... So I'll give it a week and see if anything jumps out at me next week.