1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyNetworkTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jtfinsfan1, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtfinsfan1

jtfinsfan1 Cool Member

May 13, 2006
    Has anyone heard anything about the new network MyNetworkTV appearing on Directv? My local area is carrying a station to pickup the network but that's all I know. There is no other news I know about if Directv is going to pick it up. Hopefully someone knows some inside info.

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    It's a network owned by Fox, so I suspect thtat DirecTV will pick it up. MyNetwork consists mainly of the soon-to-be-former UPN or WB stations which did not go over to CW network. The programming will consist (initially, at least) of night-time soap operas.

http://www.mynetworktv.com

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    If DirecTV carried your former WB or UPN stations, then you'll have this new network, too. Your local WB or UPN station either becomes the new CW affiliate, or the new MyNetworkTV affiliate, starting in September. It should be obvious by now which one is becoming the new CW station because they've been promoting it heavily. The other station will likely become your MyNetworkTV affiliate.

4. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    On September 18 upn networks become CW and the WB networks will be My Network Tv and also there might be talk of CW DNS feeds so keep your ears open

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    In some markets it's actually the other way around .... the UPN affiliate will become MyNetworkTV and the WB affiliate becomes CW.

6. dconfer

dconfer Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    In my area we never had a UPN. But we do have a WB. The WB is becoming the CW. They are saying that there is a new station coming called mynetwork. So I wonder since this is new if D* will pick this up for my area?

7. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    In the Dallas area the WB station is becoming CW and an independent station owned by FOX is becoming MYNETWORK. The UPN will not be MYNETWORK.

8. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    The MyNetworkTV station in this area is on channel 3's digital 3 subchannel 2. Won't be available on satellite or most cable systems in this market, at least initially.

9. bobnielsen

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Actually MyNetwork starts on September 5. UPN and WB are combining to become CW and which station gets that varies by market. Most of the stations left out by that merger are becoming MyNetwork.

10. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Here in Cleveland our WB is becoming a CW affiliate, the UPN (Owned by Raycom who also runs our CBS affiliate) will be the MyNetwork affiliate.

11. Digital Madman

Digital Madman AllStar

May 23, 2005
    In my area Mynetwork was suposed to be on the FOX subchannel, but since they
    have still not come on the air with a digital signal, they lost out and now the two local "i" channels will become Mynetwork! So long waste of bandwidth Infomercials!:lol:

12. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    Depending on your market, you may already be set up to get MNTV starting Tuesday. In most markets, the new MNTV station (whoever was on the outs between your local UPN/WB affil in the CW deal in most cases) will already be available via DirecTV. It wouldn't surprise me if they put a MNTV affiliate up (as they did with the WB Miami/San Diego) for those viewers who cannot see a MNTV affiliate, but I have heard nothing about logistics as of yet.

13. rjruby

rjruby AllStar

Dec 29, 2002
    Same two shows, five nights a week.
    What a waste.

14. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    They're soap operas. What do you expect?

Supposedly there will be other programming from the network after the first of the year, including a possible weekday morning show.

15. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    In El Paso there never was a WB or UPN station over-the-air.

The CW will be on a subchannel fo the ABC affliate and MyNetworkTV will be on a subchannel of the CBS affliate.

We have WB from the East Coast however. Which is extremely odd since we are closer to San Diego and we are on Mountain Time.

16. myselfalso

myselfalso Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    I never had a WB affiliate in the Harrisburg region through DirecTV. MNTV is on WHP DT2. I'm curious if DirectTV will plug that as a feed to show the network through non-HD boxes.

17. cybok0

cybok0 Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
    UPN in pittsburgh already has the CW station identification on the screen during the shows.and the wb is also marked as my tv on the guide.

18. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Myselfalso: We have Sleuth in our DTV package.

19. bobnielsen

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Sleuth is on channel 308 in all packages (Total Choice or higher).

20. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    I am surprised that D* has not done more to support network. No feed for white areas, no update on web site to identify stations in the network and no trailers:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.