NASCAR 2021

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by codespy, Mar 29, 2021.

1. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    I don’t know about anyone else, but I am enjoying the hell out of this Bristol Cup Series dirt race! I went to a race there back in spring, 2008. There is no comparison here between concrete and dirt, dirt is WAYYYY more fun to watch.

I’m also looking forward when the Cup Series comes to Wisconsin at Road America this summer, and the other changes to the season compared to the past. Boyer is a great addition to the booth too, on FOX.

TXD16 and Jimmy 440 like this.
  2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Dirt was OK, but caused way to many cautions. Maybe if they misted the track during each caution?
    Jeff Gordon gets on my nerves. He just agrees with that everyone else says.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have missed most of the races this year. I have Bristol Dirt on the DVR but have not watched yet.

Oh, I guess I don't. Replay in the guide at 3am (FS1)?

No Chicagoland this year. One Michigan race the week after the Indy road course (only) in August. After years of hearing "we go to Indy to run the historic oval" history is lost. Oh well. At least my lap was on the oval (on a "kiss the bricks" tour, but the right path).

Seven races in ... this may be the year with 16 winners.

(Correction: My DVR is smarter than I thought. It recorded the race today.)

4. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Yes, my DVR updated for both races today too after yesterday’s floods. That was nice. :)

5. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Some of the interviews with the booth and drivers were pretty great. And when was the last time you saw pit crews using torque wrenches on the lug nuts during a race? Of course it had to do with the pit rule changes for this race

Notable too that the SAFER barriers were removed for the race. At least the cautions weren’t like Daytona or Talledega where you have to worry about massive injury due to a crash. That’s a good thing, but this race provided plenty of entertainment.

It’s also one of those races too where 4K UHD probably would not have been beneficial due to all of the dust.

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Are there any plans for any 4K races?

7. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Not sure, nothing in the last two years. There were a couple a year before that, not anything that was earth shattering though, since they were not using full UHD cameras.

8. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I'm new to Nascar, again (20 year break) it was definitely interesting.