1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nascar Hotpass $19.99

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jamieh1, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Nascar Hotpass is now down to $19.99 for the last 12 races of the year, this includes California, Richmond(Race to the Chase cutoff race) and the Nextel Cup Chase races (10) . Plus the Nascar short cuts.

2. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    That's a great deal and a good way to check out Hotpass to see if you like it! I bought the package as soon as it was announced and it has been improved a lot since it was first broadcast. I wouldn't be without it now. For example last night I watched the race almost entirely on the Dale Jr. channel as he is my favorite driver. I find myself doing this almost every week since the Fox races ended and the races moved to other networks. I also didn't watch or hear a single commercial! I only like the Fox announcers so that's why I watch the way I do in mid to late season. HP will be in HD next year and there are other features being actively worked on for next year. If your a NASCAR Cup fan there's nothing out there better that Hotpass. :D

3. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    Tempting...are any of these 12 races in HD?

4. wilmot3

wilmot3 Legend

Jul 24, 2007
    no not at this time ...next year YES!!!!!:icon_bb:

5. babzog

babzog Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    The races are also aired on the SPEED channel... what does one gain from buying the hotpass?

6. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    No none of the 36 cup races are shown live on Speed. The challenge which is not one of the 36 points cup races was aired by speed but not in HD. The drivers that are on Hotpass each have their own team of announcers and you can listen to them as the race goes on talking to the driver, pit crew etc. You also have a choice of different audio streams and I like to just listen to the Hotpass announcers until the regular broadcast channel goes to commercial and you will hear the commercials then I switch to the "team audio" which brings up the team audio only and no commercial audio. There are several other options on Hotpass which give the overall running order etc. You can also switch to the regular broadcast anytime you want to with the push of a button. I'm sure I'm missing some other things you can do also. I didn't hesitate to sign up immediately when Hotpass was first offered and I'll darn sure renew for next season when it's all HD. :)

7. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    That might be worth the price of admission alone!

Last night, for 30 minutes, I timed the amount of time spent in commercials/promos and time actually showing cars moving.

The result?
    18 minutes of racing
    12 minutes of commercial time

No wonder I can't stand watching it anymore.... :mad:

8. jeffreydavisjr

jeffreydavisjr Legend

Jul 12, 2007
    I hate Nascar. I think Nascar Hotpass has not been that successful. I fail to see why someone would buy the Hotpass. I mean all you get us a couple more camera angles and driver cams.

But if I was as hardcore Nascar fan as NFL I am sure I would see it differently.

9. lance30276

lance30276 AllStar

Mar 19, 2007
    I hate The NFL. I can't understand why anyone would pay for Sunday Ticket?

But.... If I was a hardcore NFL fan as I am a NASCAR fan I am sure I would see it differently.

:)

10. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Hotpass is UNCENSORED unlike your precious Sunday Ticket.

11. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    Your right on the uncensored! Dale Jr. had a couple words last night that would have been a big $ fine as well as points if they had been on the regular broadcast. Lets just say he was more than a little aggravated at Newman. :D

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    $20 flies out of your wallet:D

13. Wildcat

Wildcat Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    I guess if it was improved, it might be worth it...but I remember watching it during the 500 this year, and thought it was overrated.

Incidentally, only since ESPN has taken back over have the broadcasts been halfway bearable. Fox isn't TOO bad, but the "others" make my ears bleed! :)

I long for the days when all these newbs weren't around.

14. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Wildcat -- ESPN sucks!!!! That's he reason why I got Hotpass.

15. wilmot3

wilmot3 Legend

Jul 24, 2007

16. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    I have it right now but don't even watch it! I try to but when I flip over to it from the HD feed my eyes feel like they are watching tv through murky water. I agree though, if they do in fact offer it in HD next year it will be a great service to have. Needless to say my HP this year is a waste.

17. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    There wasn't a delay in the audio. It might be your receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.