1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nascar On NBC

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Rage, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Do any of you have any comments about how NBC did their first race? I didn't watch it because I don't watch California or Chicago because I don't like those tracks. Sometimes Michigan too. Michigan was good because of a late caution flag. If anybody watched California as their first race they'd probably think boring baseball was exciting and never watch Nascar again. I'd rather watch baseball than the California race.

I did peek at the NBC race and the graphics on top are hard for my eyes to follow because the positions are spread too far apart.
    What do you thing about the top position graphics?

2. kmccoach

kmccoach AllStar

Jul 6, 2002
    NBC's coverage of Nascar is brutal. I like Benny Parson but those other two suck. They supposedly took alot of producers and cameramen from ESPN's coverage of Nascar, but it appears to me that high schoolers run that stuff. I wish FOX had the whole year.

Keith

3. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Ditto, but the NFL gets in the way of that.

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I've lost a lot o interest in NASCAR over the past year, partly due to the coverage and it just not as fun for me anymore, as it used to be years ago

5. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    The difference between Fox and NBC's coverage of Nascar is like night and day! I thought NBC would have learned a litle from Fox.

6. kmccoach

kmccoach AllStar

Jul 6, 2002
    You would think that they could find a better ex driver than Wally Dallenbach. I would rather see Ned Jarrett than that clown.

Keith