1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR Star Kyle Busch Busted for Speeding in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by fluffybear, May 25, 2011.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Full Article

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    He should get nailed for such an obvious disregard for the law... according to whatever the law says is deserved punishment... but I don't see why it would affect his job.

Now... if he had gotten into an accident and damaged property or injured/killed someone... I'd say that it would be such bad PR that Nascar would want to distance itself from that... but just being caught speeding and driving reckless doesn't seem like something you lose or are penalized by your job over.

3. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Especially when your job requires you to speed and drive (w)recklessly. :D

4. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Scott Fowler, sports columnist for the Charlotte Observer, says team owner Joe Gibbs should suspend Busch for at least one race. Bruton Smith, owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway, says Busch shouldn't be suspended.
    Another take on the matter, this from WCNC-TV, Charlotte: http://www.wcnc.com/home/Kyle-Busch-122527934.html

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I wonder what would have happened it if was one of "us" who was doing 128 in a 45? We'd probably still be in jail.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Depends on how you are with the cop and your personal history.

IF you don't have a criminal record, and are polite with the cop... and are not under the influence... you may very well get the ticket and be allowed to go home... though I'd expect the cop to follow you a while to make sure you don't speed up again.